• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Betas -- [BETAS LOCATED/Thread Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Rolynd

50% Dark, 50% Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
knitewrites.wordpress.com
Hey all,

I've recently finished my first major edit of a sci-fi novella (54k) I'm working on, and I'd like some beta feedback on it to polish it up. If anyone wants a beta exchange for a work of similar length (or multiple works that add up to a similar length), I'm willing to go for that, too.

___

Story Info

Title: Echoes

Genre: Sci-fi (Adult)

Brief Summary: In 28th century North America, up-and-coming IBI agent Adam stumbles upon a murder case where the only viable suspect is a dragon -- it only gets stranger from there. Drawn into the world of echoes, dreams that can become reality, Adam finds himself divided between his lifelong desire to find his mother's killer and the intense lure of the federal agency that fights dreams for a living.

___

What am I looking for in a beta?

The works.

I want feedback on the plot, writing style, and characterization. Proofreading would also be a plus. There are some sections I've read and re-read too many times for me to proofread them accurately, and I'd like a couple pairs of fresh eyes to find the mistakes I've missed.

On that note, I am looking for more than one beta. I prefer to have a few varied opinions on my work because it helps me locate more issues than a single beta would find. So, if you're not the first to volunteer, have no fear: I want you, too!

I've been working on this story since last summer. It's been written, scrapped, and rewritten -- and I think I may finally be at that point where the plot is at least somewhat reasonably well put together.

So if you're interested in a quick read (it's only 54k, after all), please reply! I'll send you a PM with further details.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.