• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta for 72k YA/(NA?) novel - fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay Dee

Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: Had to make a note for future beta readers - The character's ages range from 18 to 24 so I think it qualifies for NA but hey, not trying to box myself here!
It's a Low Fantasy/SciFi as in - no elves, no dwarfs, no magic, no space opera, no long breakdowns of too many unfamiliar things, but there are a few distinct elements not of our world, though overall, it's much like our own.

It's a bit gritty -
Sex? Some (fairly explicit).
Violence? Some.
Profanity? Some.
Drug use? Some.
Tension/Betrayal/Broken friendships/Playing with Death? - let's hope so!

For five years Aric has hidden in the decrepit Indigo City avoiding the totalitarian rule sweeping the South. Now Nivarn, the leader of the political regime, has finally arrived on his door step and it’s her final stop. There’s nowhere else to hide.
The people begin to rebel but Aric knows better than to join in; he was born to a family of activists and witnessed the execution of each member.
Nivarn is reusing an old tactic against her adversaries: she’s holding a one-day amnesty and offering a clean slate to anyone who enrols in her Foundation. After that, you’re her enemy by default.

Aric is doubtful. It could be a lie to reel in ex-activists, but with his history he stands little chance of surviving outside of the amnesty. He considers chancing it. But just to make sure, he decides to dig around in his past in hope of finding out whether the Foundation is as promised. Instead, he finds more. His family may have discovered something potentially damaging about Nivarn.
Now Aric has the option of revealing Nivarn’s secrets which would put him on her number one hit-list and at the head of the rebellion. Or he can close that door and risk entering the Foundation, dead or alive.

If anyone is interested, let me know! I always send the first two chapters first and if neither interest you then of course, there's no need to commit.
Also, I'm easy on time, I have no deadlines right now as I'm working on another project.
The story is told from two POV's and written in 1st person. Not looking for line by line edits, more looking for overall feedback in regards to plot, characterization and the story as a whole.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
It's not terribly strong, but its not so far off that I'm turned off from it.

I'm looking for something new to read today, so I'm interested in looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.