PDA

View Full Version : Primeval New World

GeorgeK
07-03-2013, 07:54 PM
The original Primeval on BBCAmerica was freaking annoying with the only thing going for it being the CGI and the basic premise. They've redone the show with new scripts, better writers and better actors and most importantly they've stopped putting ads for the show inside the show that you were already watching.

So far I'm cautiously optimistic.

Myrealana
07-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Wasn't it cancelled after one season?

And BTW - I feakin' LOVED the original Primeval. It went downhill in later series, but the first three were awesome.

firedrake
07-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Bloody awful.

Show went down the pan after Henshall left.

Chase
07-03-2013, 08:54 PM
The original Primeval on BBCAmerica was freaking annoying with the only thing going for it being the CGI and the basic premise.

I'd be cautious, too. We were so enamored by a portion of an aired show that we bought the first season on DVD. We quickly gave it away to people we didn't like. :)

DollBrideMask
07-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Enjoyed it when it aired over here in the UK. Granted it went off the rails after season 2, and the writing got lazy, and the characters turned into things you never thought they'd be capable of. But it was still a sci-fi show driven by ideas, and it was pushing in different directions than Doctor Who was, which aside from Season 5 is just stagnating so very badly.

DeleyanLee
07-13-2013, 09:01 PM
I enjoyed the original Primeval and tuned into the first few episodes of Syfy's take on it.

I have the opposite impression that you did, George. I was bored senseless and didn't give a whit for the show, and especially not the new characters. The only thing in the first episode I enjoyed was Connor's guest appearance. I've given up on it.

There was something about the original (at least before they changed history and made ARC a mega-corporation), where there was a tension, questions to be answered about what the anomalies were, what was happening, etc, that they've managed to completely diffuse in this remake. The mega-millionaire MC who'd lost his love in the flashbacks just didn't click with me as well. But, then, they're starting pretty much in the same place that the original incarnation totally lost me, so there it is.

AskMalice
07-15-2013, 10:52 PM
I think the new Primeval New World show picked up steam near the end of season 1 and had a really interesting plot development with the whole space time continuum that I was eagerly looking forward too. I think they cancelled the show, though. Such a bummer. The actor who plays the main character I've been a fan of since Eureka. I was happy he got another show after Eureka ended. I hope he gets another one. He can carry it.

veinglory
07-15-2013, 10:58 PM
The current season is a snorefest. The only subplots are romances between actors with zero chemistry.

rugcat
07-16-2013, 12:10 AM
The current season is a snorefest. The only subplots are romances between actors with zero chemistry.And the only "plots" are the interminable fighting scenes against various interchangeable creatures, show after show.

I've given it a chance, but I'm done.

Sinbad, on the other hand, although also not very good, I'm a bit fond of. At least the legendary Sinbad isn't a blue-eyed blond in this one.

veinglory
07-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Sinbad has retained a certain amount of kitchy goodness. I like the cook.

rugcat
07-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Sinbad has retained a certain amount of kitchy goodness. I like the cook."Kitchy goodness." That's it exactly.