PDA

View Full Version : Question about acronyms

tylerjfrancke
07-03-2013, 01:36 AM
In researching agencies and reading threads on this forum, I keep running across acronyms people use in describing their interactions with agents, such as EQ, ER, CR and CNR. They are usually accompanied by dates, but I still have no idea what they mean. Is there, by chance, some type of handy reference guide on this forum or elsewhere on the Interwebs that noobs such as I could consult to decipher this shorthand? Thanks!

Maryn
07-03-2013, 05:17 AM
That last one could be CanNot Resuscitate. (Yuk-yuk.)

There's an AbsoluteWrite Dictionary (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241878) as well as a thread to ask What does this mean? (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253218)

And it's not foolish to ask the person using the acronym what it means; the odds are high that if you don't happen to know that one, plenty of us don't. (Probably me.)

Maryn, who's nearing that old-dog-new-tricks phase

Corussa
07-03-2013, 06:40 AM
I haven't come across those acronyms before myself, but after a bit of investigation, I'd guess (from context) at EQ being 'emailed query' and ER being 'emailed rejection'. Haven't worked out CR and CNR yet.

But I may well be wrong; quite apart from anything else, it is far too late here for my brain to be functioning at any kind of useful level! :)

FluffBunny
07-03-2013, 06:41 AM
I always thought EQ = "emailed query" and ER = "email response", but I don't know for sure. CR and CNR I have not a clue about. :( I hope someone who uses those abbreviations pops in and enlightens us all.

ETA: Ninja'd by Corussa. :) ER could well be "emailed rejection". I'll continue to hope for enlightenment. :)

katci13
07-03-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm not sure what CR is, but CNR = closed no response

Are you talking about Query Tracker? It's just easier to type EQ and CNR than to type out the entire thing. They're trying to help people get an idea of when they'll hear back on their queries and which agents are non-responders and the like.

tylerjfrancke
07-05-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure what CR is, but CNR = closed no response

Are you talking about Query Tracker? It's just easier to type EQ and CNR than to type out the entire thing. They're trying to help people get an idea of when they'll hear back on their queries and which agents are non-responders and the like.

Yeah, QueryTracker mostly, but I do believe I've seen a couple of the acronyms around this forum as well. Thanks for your help, everyone!