PDA

View Full Version : Ways to see an agent's client list

Taylor
07-02-2013, 01:44 AM
What is the easiest way to see an agent's client list? Sometimes it lists it on the agency website, but not always, so is there a go-to website that I don't know about, to do this kind of research?

Thanks!

MandyHubbard
07-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Not really. You can ask the agent (if they have offered) who they represent. Query Tracker often shows clients but that's jsut based on whoever added them and it's not at all inclusive, and is often outdated (my page has several clients I no longer represent for various reasons.)

you CAN use publisher's marketplace to see their deals, which shows you some of their authors.

Taylor
07-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Okay, thanks.

Donna Pudick
07-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Just ask. An agent should be up front about who her clients are. You can check with PM if the agent has a page on it. Usually they list their most prominent clients.

Medievalist
07-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Publisher's Market, and Query Tracker often list sales.

Agents' Websites often list clients and their books.

An agent who won't discuss who their clients are and the specific books they've sold is best avoided.

An agent whose clients books you can't find in your local bookstores and libraries is best avoided.

An agent who offers services like marketing or editing or publishing is best avoided

suki
07-11-2013, 09:08 PM
One trick I learned is to Google "represented by [agent name]" (with the quotation marks) and you will find client's websites and interviews, etc.

~suki

Gravity
07-12-2013, 04:59 AM
My agent has an "authors" tab on his home page.