Changing things around

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Don't anybody faint--I changed my template. The first one was just a tad too PINK. The template change went smoothly, but I haven't yet added any links or done anything extra. I'm still stumbling around trying to figure out how to make my blog look as cool as the ones you guys have. :)

So far, it's been pretty easy to set up. Is this a ploy designed to lure me in and then smack me up side the head if I start to feel too confident? Or is Blogger pretty simple to figure out (except for the outages)? Oh, and there will probably be screaming and crying the first time I attempt to post a picture. *sigh*

Thanks for your patience with the newbie blogger. :)

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
I love the soft colors. It looks good and feels inviting. Welcome to the blogging world.

I'm in the midst of a blog-make-over and have been for a few days. I'm still trying to decide what works for me overall. I'm almost there though.

Good Luck!

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Thanks for the feedback, Vanessa! The softer colors are more comfortable to my eyes and just seem to 'feel' better.

Thanks for the welcome, and may your blog make-over go smoothly and be pain-free. :)

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Oh, yes, I saved it before I tried the switch! I learned that a long time ago when working on a web site. :eek:

Thanks for the reminder. :)

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
looks fine to me awatkins. As you get more confident you will find that you customize the blog more and more.

I have changed the template of my blogs several times until I was happy with how it looks.

Uploading pictures is not to difficult. But got to post them somewhere on the web first like you website of photo bucket.

There is a little icon thingy which you click in the posting feature. A little window pops up and you insert the url of the picture and hey presto there it is. I have found though that the automated feature sizes the picture to big or to small but no big deal. You go into the posting "html" featyre and resize the picture there.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I liked the pink - I thought it was 'Valentine-y' and appropriate for a new blog born on this day :) That said, your current scheme is lovely.

Changing the blogger template has been easy and fun for me; I've tweaked it a lot. I had to learn some simple HTML to do it, but the "HTML School" (I've got a button for them on my sidebar) has been a lifesaver.

There are also several very helpful and friendly experts that pop in and give really good advice, for which I am endlessly grateful, and if you run into a problem, just post a thread and you'll get plenty of help.

Last edited:

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I like the new template Anne. However, I didn't get a chance to see the pink one. Sorry. One piece of advice though. Don't forget your blogiversary. I did for both of my blogs and I missed celebrating them each turning 1 year old. I'm a bad blogger sometimes. :(

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ooh good idea, sthrnwriter! I'll have to go peek at my archives to see the day of my first post. Maybe we could have a 'blogiversary' thread!

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Sounds good to me, Dawno. With as many bloggers we have here, there are going to be a lot of blogiversary parties. :D

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
The pink was Valentine-y, wasn't it? And it actually was a pretty shade of pink. Maybe I'll switch back to it for my first blogiversary next Valentine's Day! :)

Thanks for all the nice comments, everybody! You're so patient with me. *sigh*

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Next week's AW meme is gonna be real simple. Everyone goes to their archives, finds their first post and comes to the stickie I'll put up called "Blogiversaries" and posts the date.

What do you think? - and sorry for the hijack, Anne - but this is where the idea was born...

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Okay, I think I've got pictures figured out. Would someone mind taking a peek to see if they look okay?

Now to get busy learning how to do my links.

Last edited:

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Thanks for checking it out! It looked fine on my screen but I wondered if it looked okay on somebody else's.

And that curly hair can sure be hard to tame! :)

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've changed the banner in my blogger blog and I've been tweaking the format in my old MoveableType blog at www.ohdawno.org - tell me what you think - any ideas out there for the Moveable Type blog? I'm using it as my CSS "homework" and trying to learn how to do stylesheets - I may very well add a website in front of the blog - again as 'homework' and your ideas and comments would be helpful.

Hey, if I get good at this it might be a 'work from home' opportunity (read: 'more time on the boards') ;)