Scaring Yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa99

Does anyone else get really scared while writing their horror stories? I freak myself out so bad that I sometimes have to stop writing. Anyone else do this?

MacAl Stone

Not usually when I'm writing, Vanessa--but I live alone out in the boonies, and on occasion will get myself good and creeped out.

Then I have one of those horror-movie moments about whether to get the flashlight and go outside and investigate that weird sound that I'm 99.9% certain is just a branch against the roof...but what if it isn't, then I'm the dumb chick from the bad movie, outside in the dark yard, with nothing but a dumb flashlight to defend myself against whatever weird and horrible thing is crawling around on the roof over my head--while everyone watching the movie cringes and yells at the screen, "GAWD! Don't go OUT there, stupid!" But she does it anyway and then....

No. Never mind. I don't wanna talk about it anymore. I have to go to bed now. See ya'll tomorrow.

spooknov

Mac, :ha Gotta love the life of a horror buff!

I don't really scare myself while I'm writing. But, I do get hyped up. You know, like when you eat way too much sugar?:jump I get excited by the suspense in my work. Hopefully, the readers get just as excited as I do...

Writing Again

Yes, when I write I very much live in, with, and thru my characters.

How can I make my reader laugh if I'm not laughing as I write?

How can I make my reader cry if I feel no sadness?

How can I create fear in my reader if I'm not feeling a chill creep slowly up my own back?

Greenwolf103

I scared myself last night, when I wrote a horror poem. Didn't get much sleep after THAT! :ack

Chaoc Kazdul

Yes, but...

I tend to get startled when writing anything. It's because there is a window overlooking my garage roof behind my desk.

It serves as an easy access point for a raccoon that is fond of sticking its paws on the window and looking in at me in the wee hours of the morning.

I don't ever notice until it's right up and staring in, usually it startles me, then I try to scare it away.

The window is literally covered with its paw prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.