Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

The owner of the original UK Meet thread is planning a meet in the north a lovely person who I unfortunately confused with someone else, so I am opening this thread for those of you who would be interested in meeting in London again later this year.

Details for the meet:

Date: 28th September
Time: 12:00
Venue: The George on the Strand (London, Temple)

Last edited:

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I will be travelling up by train and would like to come to this one if I can, as I had to miss the last one.

August Bank Holiday weekend and the first weekend in September are likely out for me. Quite a few people are going to the Nine Worlds Geekfest (9-11 August) in Heathrow and World Fantasy in Brighton (31 October-3 November) so you might want to avoid those weekends.

Other than that, I can make any date in theory. But go with the majority.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a preferred date except to say that I agree with eyeblink that the Bank Hol weekend is probably out. Once a date has been settled on I'll come if I can because I really enjoyed myself last time.

I don't think I posted a 'thanks' on the last thread to those who welcomed me - shortly afterwards life intervened and so it may have looked like I came along and then dropped off the planet. So I'll say here 'Thanks!' for the great welcome to everyone who was at the last London meet.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
I'm aware of Nine Worlds and WFC, so these dates are obvious no-nos. We still have plenty of weekends to work with though.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
September is probably OK for me. Everything's a bit up in the air at the moment, so put me down for a maybe. And a pint.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
So it seems September may be the best time to get things going. I will leave the exact date for a while longer, but now I'm asking for suggestions:

Where would everyone like to meet?

London is a huge place with plenty of pubs and cafes, but does anyone have any preference in where we go? Whether it be a pub, cafe or otherwise.

Good to see some interest, it would be good to know exactly what numbers we have though. But again, that can wait until a later date.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
So it seems September may be the best time to get things going. I will leave the exact date for a while longer, but now I'm asking for suggestions:

Where would everyone like to meet?

London is a huge place with plenty of pubs and cafes, but does anyone have any preference in where we go? Whether it be a pub, cafe or otherwise.

Good to see some interest, it would be good to know exactly what numbers we have though. But again, that can wait until a later date.

I think it's unlikely you will get exact numbers. Probably best to just pick a place and see who turns up on the day.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
I have updated the first post with the important details. We now have a month and a possible venue, we just need a specific date. I have listed some suggestions below:

31st/1st Aug./Sept.
7th/8th Sept.
14th/15th Sept.
21st/22nd Sept.
28th/29th Sept.
5th/6th Oct.

Can't change the poll (or at least I don't know how to) so we'll have to play this by ear.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
7th of Sept and 5th Oct are already booked at The George for the T-Party Writers Group.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
21 September I can't do due to prior engagement.

28 September is good, though.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I apologise for vanishing into obscurity, but I'm hoping there is still interest in a London meet on the 28th.

I've contacted the George on the Strand, and sadly their function room is not available. However, the lovely Zuzana has been nice enough to provide us with one of the quieter corners of the pub.

I've set the meeting time for 12:00 (noon) as it gives us plenty of time to get there, and we won't be home late for supper.

Also, there is a small likelihood that I may not be able to attend, I hope this isn't an issue for anyone.

If anyone has any opinions or queries, please get in touch.

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping to come along. Thanks for organising this, JFitchett! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.