Status
Not open for further replies.

GHWard

A Broken Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ghward.com
I have a quick question about the converter software for books that are prepared for upload to Amazon Kindle. There are a lot of people offering payware conversion software, and a lot of them create formatting flaws that show up in the converted file. I am trying to find reliable freeware converter software for word files prepared in .docx. I was told MOBI was the best converter software for docx files. I would consider other converter software as well. Can any knowledgeable person on this forum give me any helpful suggestions in regard to suggested freeware. Thank you!

P.S. Personal experience with the suggested software is always a plus... though not a necessity ;):)...

TheaFair

Mousy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theafair.wordpress.com
I just started using Calibre today to convert to different formats. It's freeware, but be careful which download button you click on the site. I clicked the big one which turned out to be an advertiser's download for WinZip and had to go back to find the program download.

My original file was saved as html and I had no problems converting it to a variety of formats. I got epub, mobi, and pdf files from it easily. There's about seventeen different formats it can convert your file to. I just went back to play around and see what other formats would convert. .doc will not but .docx will. I'm still playing around with the converter to see how the various formats look, but so far I haven't had a single problem with it.

That's just me though. So far I haven't added too many frills to by books so it may work differently for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.