• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need beta for first 50 pages (12k) of YA spec-fic

Status
Not open for further replies.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
First person present, female narrator. Polyamorous romance (FFM) and parallel timelines.

Some set up: small, waterfront town where every one hundred years, a solar eclipse occurs that leaves the town dark for three days and cut off from the rest of the world. They then throw a crazy, hedonist festival thing on the beach and everyone parties until the sun comes back.

MC and BF are looking for their missing girlfriend because they were told anything lost can be found in the shadow of the moon. She appears, but unfortunately Came Back Wrong. Flashbacks (other timeline) show the lead up to girl's disappearance.

First fifty pages so you aren't going to get to the bottom of anything, but it would be helpful to get some first impressions anyway.

Thanks! Can swap short pieces. Any genre or market, but I'm best with YA and really unfamiliar with adult sci-fi. PM's work or post here

xx

Last edited:

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you don't find someone better suited to the spec-fic, I'd be happy to read. (Nothing to swap ATM.) I love your writing style :))) and, even though I might not be the best beta for the genre, I could give you a general YA die-hard reader/writer feedback.

Also I'm bored. :D

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the same boat as Chrissy. I love your writing style, and would love to read it. I haven't had a lot of experience with spec-fic, but I have loads of experience with YA.

kyocrisis

Einherjar
Registered
Reaction score
Might be interested in doing a swap. My first 5 chapters is about 53 pg.

Let me know if you're interested.

Marcie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm a beta reader and would be willing to help you out. I have read YA so can help you out with that. PM me if you are still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.