PDA

View Full Version : Happy Valentine's Day

My-Immortal
02-14-2006, 10:18 AM
To all of you out there - Happy Valentine's Day.

Hopefully, you'll spend at least a few extra minutes with that special someone today (before getting online and seeking out AW!!) LOL!

What are your plans? Anything romantic?

Take care all!

WerenCole
02-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Valentine schmalentine, I want my money back.:rant:

My-Immortal
02-14-2006, 10:30 AM
The wife and I aren't doing anything terribly romantic...but we are spending the day together so that is great with me. We're actually taking our little guy down to the Auto Show (he LOVES!!!! cars) and then we're probably going to have a late lunch/early dinner.

Take care all -

My-Immortal
02-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Valentine schmalentine, I want my money back.:rant:

What did you spend money on?

mkcbunny
02-14-2006, 11:08 AM
We are going to the local second-run beer-and-pizza movie house for a romantic viewing of Syriana. LOL. Actually, that is what we're doing, but the romance part is just hangin' out together. Haven't been to a movie for a while.

poetinahat
02-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Sounds blissful.

We just got back from a long weekend... AND my parents just left after three weeks' stay... AND my daughter is sick.

SOoooo...

I wrote about ten haikus for my wife, printed them on slips of paper, and left them in different spots around the house. She started finding them before I left this morning, and she found the rest of them during the day.

Tonight, the kids are in bed early (it's after 6PM here now), and we'll have a quiet dinner. A calm one, just us together.

akelsey333
02-14-2006, 11:37 AM
My husband's going to entertain the kids for 3 hours so I can get some work done. Now that's romance http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

~ Kelsey

writerterri
02-14-2006, 11:40 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUxdm080YYUS)

Happy Valentines Day everybody!

Terri

mkcbunny
02-14-2006, 11:49 AM
I wrote about ten haikus for my wife, printed them on slips of paper, and left them in different spots around the house. She started finding them before I left this morning, and she found the rest of them during the day.
Now that's very romantic.

I have a chocolate bar in hiding for my husband.

Shwebb
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
My husband and I won't be seeing much of one another today. He's working noon to eight, and this morning I have to take the youngest to her well-baby visit.

I bought him cards, wrote him a poem (which he's already seen, since it is posted in the contest), and maybe I'll light some candles before he gets home. I'm open to suggestions on what else to do!

Shadow_Ferret
02-14-2006, 06:25 PM
To all of you out there - Happy Valentine's Day.

Hopefully, you'll spend at least a few extra minutes with that special someone today (before getting online and seeking out AW!!) LOL!

No one special. Probably just my wife.

Jcomp
02-14-2006, 06:34 PM
My girlfriend's planning something, but pretending not to plan something, but she's not terribly good at the pretending so I have to pretend not to know she's planning something.

Got it?

rhymegirl
02-14-2006, 06:39 PM
To Anyone who needs a little love today:

A heart of red,
a loving line
that reads: To My Sweet Valentine.
There's just one thing
that it could be,
A Valentine for you from me.

And a box of chocolates, too:

Carole
02-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Happy Valentine's Day to me. blegh. Hubby is out of town, the truck is broken down - again - and it's gonna cost a piddly little $400 to get it fixed...this time. Can't WAIT till the NEXT time. (Well, it IS a Ford!)

Jaycinth
02-14-2006, 07:58 PM
This will be a wonderful Valentines Day in as much as every other year I have been forgotten or barely remembered and yelled at, and this year I don't have to worry about getting my hopes up. I'm just getting a bunch of strawberries for my beautiful daughter, making a simple dinner, and then I'm going to try to finish a short horror story.:hooray:

kappapi99
02-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!

My niece and nephew got plunked on us at the last minute (brother is in Iraq, sis-in-law has an exam), so my hubby will be sitting at McD's with them, while I will be sitting at home with our own kids.

Romantic, eh? :D

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

KP99

BradyH1861
02-14-2006, 08:28 PM
My wife got me a quail hunting trip to an undisclosed location with Dick Cheney. Do you think she is trying to tell me something?

maestrowork
02-14-2006, 08:34 PM
I'd go Quayle hunting..

WerenCole
02-14-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm going to get drunk and hit on all the women at AW. ..

NeuroFizz
02-14-2006, 08:59 PM
I'd go Quayle hunting..
He's hiding in the "potatoe" patch.

rhymegirl
02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm going to get drunk and hit on all the women at AW. ..

I thought you did that EVERY day.

maestrowork
02-14-2006, 09:02 PM
He's hiding in the "potatoe" patch.

in Hawaii.... it's an island... it's off the shore of west coast... it's an island...

WVWriterGirl
02-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Well, hubby works 4 to midnight tonight, so I'm going to a steakhouse with my little fella and my mom and dad for Valentine's Day. I think next weekend (hubby's weekend is Sunday and Monday) we're probably going to go to Olive Garden for a post-Valentine's Day dinner. He usually doesn't buy me gifts, and only buys a card if we can afford it. We can't this year, but I'm content with just having him. *sigh*bats eyelashes*

DamaNegra
02-15-2006, 03:36 AM
I'm spending the rest of the day alone in my room. Great, huh??

Anyway, this has been the best Valentine I can remember. Most of my problems with my friends are solved and I'm now in speaking terms again with my best friend!! Which is great, and I'm happy!! All of my issues have been sorted out. Well, not all of them but at least I won't drown in a glass of water anymore.

Happy Valentine everybody!! :)

WerenCole
02-15-2006, 04:04 AM
I thought you did that EVERY day.

True, but I am going to be espiecially vivacious today. . .

Greenwolf103
02-15-2006, 06:42 AM
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. :heart:

sthrnwriter
02-15-2006, 09:41 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Southern21/bl253.gif