• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

7200 word Short Sci - fi / fantasy play beta reader ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clouddog

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I have Almost got to The End - i am hoping that i can direct the characters through a stall.
I had a defined idea of how to end the play but i am stuck with the writing of it - it is not turning out how i thought

it is probably a 45 min one act play - i have an idea to get it read through by actors - paying their expenses and providing tea / lunch
i think that is essential for a final edit

I am looking to beta read similar word count - i can't read a 100 000 word novel in exchange :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In your shoes, I'd be making myself a presence on the scripts board, getting to know people and letting them get to know me.

I say this without rancor, but so far nearly all your posts seek people to help you improve your work. While there are generous people here at AW who may volunteer to do that, the tried-and-true method of getting input from lots of people is to give input to lots of people, then ask.

So I hope you will consider making your next 16 posts--the number you need to post your work at the appropriate SYW board--critiques of the works of others. Done with care and tact, that may well get you the feedback you need.

FWIW, although I haven't done it myself, I know of people who get a table read from local aspiring actors in exchange for a buffet lunch they prepared themselves. It needn't cost a lot if the cast is small.

Maryn, who considered that on her last (rejected) one-act

clouddog

Registered
Reaction score
In your shoes, I'd be making myself a presence on the scripts board, getting to know people and letting them get to know me.

I say this without rancor, but so far nearly all your posts seek people to help you improve your work. While there are generous people here at AW who may volunteer to do that, the tried-and-true method of getting input from lots of people is to give input to lots of people, then ask.

So I hope you will consider making your next 16 posts--the number you need to post your work at the appropriate SYW board--critiques of the works of others. Done with care and tact, that may well get you the feedback you need.

FWIW, although I haven't done it myself, I know of people who get a table read from local aspiring actors in exchange for a buffet lunch they prepared themselves. It needn't cost a lot if the cast is small.

Maryn, who considered that on her last (rejected) one-act

Thanks Maryn,

I have both and i struggle with expressing myself accurately or well and with taking everything to heart

I am also impusive and by nature i think i am a bit of a 'taker' due to having no choice other than to be essentially a housewife with no children and mostly a layabout

I feel like i got off to a bad start here and i should appologise for posting selfishly

I have made these friends on a running website by being more experienced than the newbies and earned their respect first , before becoming a 'taker'

On this site i've twice a couple of months apart fired off a lot of questions and have annoyed people

I feel so let down by my people skills

Kate

Tartbird

Registered
Reaction score
Just try again

Kate, I'm new here too, but your post was so sad. Don't give up just try again, and this time do whatever they require of us newbs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.