Ku Klux Klan member offers Israel a Death Ray

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
AKA "Why morons shouldn't be allowed comic books".

Glendon Scott Crawford, 49, and Eric J. Feight, 54, were arrested Tuesday after an undercover operation by the Albany FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force. They were charged with conspiracy to provide material support for use of a weapon of mass destruction, according to the criminal complaint.

Crawford and Feight were developing a device "intended to be mobile ... designed to turn on remotely from some distance away" that would emit "some dangerous levels of X-ray radiation," according to John Duncan, executive assistant U.S. attorney for the Northern District of New York.

Individuals who might have been "subject to this X-ray radiation, would not immediately know that they had been harmed until some days later when they would either be injured, or it could result in their death," he said.

The suspects intended to use the device to harm and kill "enemies of Israel," a Department of Justice news release said.

Undercover agents allegedly heard Crawford, a self-described member of the Ku Klux Klan, state that he "harbors animosity towards individuals and groups that he perceives as hostile to the interests of the United States" and refers to them as "medical waste." He specifically identified Muslims as belonging to this group, according to the criminal complaint.

Crawford contacted two Jewish organizations in April 2012 for funding assistance of an "off the shelf" technology that could be used by Israel to defeat its enemies by killing them while the slept, according to the criminal complaint.

Crawford said the lethal machine would be capable of emitting 8 to 10 grays -- a unit of radiation dose -- toward the target Muslim community, according to the criminal complaint. The radiation-emitting device would be "Hiroshima on a light switch," Crawford said, and that "everything with respiration would be dead by the morning."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/20/justice/new-york-x-ray-plot/

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, so KKK members aren't very clever? I am stunned.

Still, I suppose trying to "help" Jews shows some sort of progress.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the whole "KKK member helping Jews" kinda pushed tilt on my personal pinball machine.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I heard about this morning. I thought it was two guys who just wanted someone, anyone, to give them the money to build their big shiny ray gun.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
"It's a tarp!"

(Cue .gif from the Star Wars flick. Oh, wait, that had a Death Ray, too:))

Just when you thought people couldn't jump the shark any higher...

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
"Death Ray." That was my first thought when I heard this on the news. I turned to my sainted mother and said, "Were they trying to build a death ray?" Sainted Mother Mura: "Sounds like it." Me: "Haven't they ever seen The Big Bang Theory? If Sheldon Cooper couldn't get one to work, they sure as shit can't."

I figure, if they're going to mimic a sit-com character, they may as well take the next step and try to destroy the Enemies of Israel by staring at them really hard in an attempt to make their heads explode like in the movie "Scanners." Sheldon Cooper does that, too.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
OH and I were discussing this last night and we decided that this just has to be the next Cohen brothers film.

I mean, this plot is just made for them!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just want freakin' sharks with laser beams on their heads.

Thanks for the idea:D

**Adds sharks with lasers to list with attack velociraptors**

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, so KKK members aren't very clever? I am stunned.

Still, I suppose trying to "help" Jews shows some sort of progress.
Yeah, the whole "KKK member helping Jews" kinda pushed tilt on my personal pinball machine.
I've found this interesting about US conservatives in general (their strong support of Israel), and I'm hesitating to try to put into words the thoughts going through my mind.
Inverse squares, people. Bloody hell.
One word. Collimation.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I've found this interesting about US conservatives in general (their strong support of Israel), and I'm hesitating to try to put into words the thoughts going through my mind.
I think I know what you're thinking, and I've gotta huge tub o' buttery popcorn ready for that thread. :D

But you really shouldn't conflate KKK and conservatives. They're two distinctly different groups. Historically the KKK has been strongly anti-semitic.

Nonfic

Thick Fish; Learning About New Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I heard the same guy was working on a perpetual motion machine that would have given us energy so we don't have to depend on "Ayrab" oil. But since Obama is really a muslim he didn't let it happen.

/s