Angels and demons

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAngelwithnowings

angels and demons are what i truly believe in...

i was shot several times at point blank range from an attacker...i nearly died except i was saved by a Miracle

The District Attorney prosecuted him in court and his defense was "Not Guilty by reason of insanity"

i truly think he was truly possessed

I still have nightmares of that day but i wouldn't hesitate to help others in need once again

*I saw Exorcist...I liked it alot even though they could have had more good versus evil battles.*

I strongly believe a person that follows the Bible and God cannot dismiss angels or demons. They never retired...we just stopped believing.

Writing Again

Quite correct. The Bible takes an unalterable stand on these issues. You cannot believe in the Bible and God without believing in Angels, Lucifer, etc.

Belief has little to do with writing horror stories however. The author can use any belief system to acquire opponents for the lead character.

Flawed Creation

angels and demons

speaking of which, where can i get some good info on angels and demons (especially angels.)

it's research for a book.

i intend to the read the old and new testaments, but haven't yet.

i'll starts tomorrow... anywhere else i should look?

HConn

Re: angels and demons

Here's a book, but I haven't read it myself.

You should check with your local library.

EggMcGuffin

"i was shot several times at point blank range from an attacker...i nearly died except i was saved by a Miracle"

naw bro you were saved by a dr.

"The District Attorney prosecuted him in court and his defense was "Not Guilty by reason of insanity""

thats a common plea for a lot of crimes of passion.

"i truly think he was truly possessed"

naw bro he was prolly just angry or drugged out or whatevs. lots of people lose their cool, then get violent. just like you threaten people on message boards when you dun like to hear what theyre sayin.

MacAl Stone

Heh--yeah, but don't you sometimes wonder if there really is more happening on a non-physical plane, that is nevertheless "real"?

EggMcGuffin

absolutely. wonder that all the time and even believe it does happen. beyond the veil, as it were. sure as hell dont believe some demon possessed a man to shoot angelwithnowings, tho. if hes as tough as he claims to be hes probably grown up in some rough hoods and in those places peeps get shot all the time for reasons as simple as they dont like your shoes or they didnt like the way you looked at them. sometimes youre just in the wrong place at the wrong time. demonic possession? negro please. guy prolly just didnt like his face or attitude. or mistook him for a real crook. but he survived and now he thinks hes had a mystical experience. its a common psychological condition. ptsd.

lets put it another way--if a demon wanted his life hed be dead. or possessed himself. i mean, demons, if you wanna believe in them, can do just about anything. and a lot of peeps are killed by other peeps a lot more easily. did the demon have a particular motivation to attack him? not. whatev.

MrAngelwithnowings

egg the thug from 90210

Funny how you post here, Egg.

You assume I was shot for being a crook, eh mister "never bled in his life except for a papercut"?

Funny, I never heard of crooks having the District Attorney as their attorney. The D.A. was mine.

Oh wait...i forgot...you never been to court except watch Judge Judy on TV

LOL

I was shot saving other people I didnt even know. THATS RIGHT EGG! I'D EVEN TAKE A BULLET FOR YOU, YOUR MOM, YOUR SISTER, ETC IF YOU WERE IN DANGER! I have the bullets still in my body and the scars to show I can back up my words...and did.

Write that on your forehead so you dont forget.

And why do you use a racial slur so much? You're not from the hood. You're probably from beverly hills

LOL

I never had a choice to live in the world I was in. Its life...i dealt with it. You seem to be blaming me that your life was so good. LOL

Be thankful you had a good life and a good home. Many of us used to dream that as kids. You lived it.

refriedwhiskey

Re: egg the thug from 90210

You assume I was shot for being a crook, eh mister "never bled in his life except for a papercut"?
Angel, you ought to work on your reading comprehension. That's not what Egg said at all.

And if you really were shot saving a couple of people's lives, that's great, and I respect that and admire it. Seriously.

But I respect it and admire it a little less every time you bring it up as if it makes you superior to anyone you happen to be arguing with.

Being a hero is great. Repeatedly boasting about being a hero and acting superior...not so much.

MrAngelwithnowings

hmmm

I say I was shot but hardly say why...

So many assume drive-by, "crook", etc

Thats when I say HOW AND WHY i was shot

Its the whole reason i'm here..for my autobiography...

I dont go around everyday flaunting "hey i was shot saving people"

If not for my autobiography, I wouldnt even mention it to anyone here....trust me

awww...Forget it....i'm here to learn then go. I know when i'm the outsider

EggMcGuffin

Re: hmmm

er i said you were shot cos he MISTOOK you for a crook. meanin i didnt think you were one but he did cos he was pumped on sumthin or whatev. do you speakee the english? and i didnt use a racial slur against you. negro pls is not a racial slur, its an expression like, "whatev". i think you knew that, and jes about everyone knows that, but especially you since you talk a big game about growin up in the REAL hood while im the one from beverly hills or malibu, etc. :rofl

you know, despite the heroic deed, angel plays one other role even better and that's the victim.

MacAl Stone

okay, fellas--even the two of you have got to be getting a little sick of this converstion--We're all here to write, to talk about writing, and think about writing.

Let's all just back off and let it go.

You're here to write? Great. Let's talk about that. You write horror? You read horror? You watch horror? You got a good true-life ghost story, even--let's hear it. That's something we all have in common, and that's the middle ground from which we can build a dialogue.

EggMcGuffin

i understand, mac. and im sorry. but you read this whole thing--you know i didnt call him the things hes accusin me of callin him. either hes misunderstood or sumthin else, i dunno. i dun mind if someone takes issue with sumthin i said, but taking issue with sumthin i didnt say is reachin a bit much.

MrAngelwithnowings

No worries Mac

My original post was here since mid-Aug until it got distorted and attacked last night...ironic

My apologies Mac. I'm here to learn the craft and read other's insight on this horror genre for different reasons.

If anything, to try and better understand the mind of certain people that do what they do in the real world...

As they say...

Art imitates life....

refriedwhiskey

Re: No worries Mac

Angel, in this thread you say:
i was shot several times at point blank range from an attacker...i nearly died except i was saved by a Miracle

The District Attorney prosecuted him in court and his defense was "Not Guilty by reason of insanity"

Multiple references to one guy. But in the poll thread in Share Your Work, you now say it was two guys, and the district attorney's case was against two guys.

I just don't think it's fair for you to accuse Egg of distorting your story when you've distorted it yourself.

MrAngelwithnowings

There were 2 attackers.

1 of them had a gun and shot me.

Distorted? No...

I have DA & court records, newspaper articles, etc etc

So dont believe it...It makes no difference to me. I dont care.

I have the U.S. legal system and the media to back up my story..they were all involved in it and reported on it as well...

Take care and have a nice day fried

refriedwhiskey

Re: 2

I'm not necessarily saying I don't believe you, Angel. I'm just saying you have to understand why people might call it into question when the details seem to change from moment to moment.

It's still puzzling to me why you refer to the D.A. prosecuting only one guy when there were two assailants. Maybe if we had access to the police and media reports, it would be clearer why there seem to be contradictions, but we don't -- unless you can provide them or point us to them.

MrAngelwithnowings

you're kidding right?

LOL

You're telling me..scan all the court documents and newspaper articles, etc to convince some anonymous guy on a Horror Board that was just talking smack?

lolololol

And who are you? My editor, agent, publisher?

:rofl

Would you want me to send my query, synopsis, chapter by chapter, and entire manuscript for your approval also?

When my book is out research it ALL you want.

I dont need to prove anything to you fried. If you dont believe me...WHO CARES. I sure dont.

Whether you believe the truth or not has NO bearing whatsoever on its future.

Trust me.

refriedwhiskey

Re: you're kidding right?

Sorry, Angel. I figured since you were writing a book about the experience, you might actually have the information handy and be able to say where the incident was reported. I thought since it happened to you and you're writing it, you wouldn't need to scan through court documents and newspapers to find a record of it.

I don't need to "approve" of your story. It's truthfulness or lack thereof have no impact on my life. But you can bet that if you want to sell it to a legit publisher, your editor is going to want to see documentation proving it's true. Even if you don't feel you need that documentation to write it, you should have it handy to show to any editor who might be considering whether or not he wants to publish it.

(On an unrelated note: I think it's sort of funny how you keep talking about how I'm "some anonymous guy" on a message board. Are you saying "MrAngelwithnowings" is your real name? :lol )

MrAngelwithnowings

you're kidding right?

I'm commenting how some guy I dont even know on a message forum is asking me to send him court documents, etc. That is what I meant by anonymous.

...and I DO have the documents in my safe. Also framed on my wall to remind me everyday what happened.

back-up copies are also with the courthouse as well the newspaper. They track these type of guys for missing children cases, unsolved murders, etc

So, I'm not worried whatsoever about any publisher asking me for documentation. If you're not involved with my book then you wont see it until its in book form and available worldwide.

If you're still curious..buy the book when its out. There's alot waiting to read it.

If not, I dont care.

I'm not doing it for you or anyone else. I'm doing it for ME. If you cant understand that...oh well

Life goes on...

Have a nice day Fried. Good luck in your endeavors as always.

refriedwhiskey

Fair enough. I'll be watching for that book at my local Barnes & Noble, Angel. :D

MacAl Stone

I'm going to let this conversation go for a really short while longer. Egg--I very much appreciate that you've resisted the urge to re-engage. Thank you.

At this point, Mr. A--I really think you've either obligated yourself to provide a little corroboration for your claims, or else you need to just pipe down about it and move on.

Refried (why would anyone fry perfectly good whiskey ONCE even, btw?) I'm asking you to let this go, if Mr. Angel will do likewise.

Otherwise, I will confer with my illustrious co-mod (who has a MUCH scarier temper than mine) And we will likely dream up some heinous and odious consequences for anyone still involved.

Maybe something involving hot chili peppers and optic nerves...I dunno. Spooky is better at that stuff than me.

refriedwhiskey

Refried (why would anyone fry perfectly good whiskey ONCE even, btw?) I'm asking you to let this go, if Mr. Angel will do likewise.
Already done, whether it's bilateral or not. :grin

(No threat necessary, but the bit about chili peppers and optic nerves was very appropriate for the horror forum. :wha :eek :lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.