Worst. Haircut. Ever.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously.

It looks like the barber shoved my younger brother's head into a giant pencil sharpener, turned the crank a few dozen times, and glopped on an oozing handful of Brylcreem. All for twenty bucks, plus my brother's customary generous 5% tip.

I don't have the heart to tell my brother how bad his haircut looks. I mean, how can I say "Jeez, dude...it looks like someone shoved your head into a giant pencil sharpener" without hurting the poor guy's feelings? :Shrug:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
It'll grow back. Poor guy. Does he know it looks bad?

Probably not; he's really not a "hair guy". And I still haven't figured out a tactful way to say, "Jeez, dude...it looks like someone shoved your head into a giant pencil sharpener". Still workin' on it, though. :tongue

;)

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
How old is he? I teach high school kids and believe me, the boys would walk around with dog donk on their heads if the right girl said it was "cool"--so your opinion is probably secondary at best--s6

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
How old is he? I teach high school kids and believe me, the boys would walk around with dog donk on their heads if the right girl said it was "cool"--so your opinion is probably secondary at best--s6

He's old. I mean really old, like ancient. He's forty-something.

And I'm even older! :)

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
"Did you go to your regular barber?" ;)

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
Or give him a pat on the back and say, "The only difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is two weeks."

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
It might look better when the Brylcreem is washed out. I think my hairdresser gives me great cuts--provided I ignore how my head looks when I walk out the salon door. A wash and a blowdry at home fixes it.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Or hire a thirty- something woman to lie and say it is cool!

Sounds like a good idea, but I predict that any woman will raise her fee as soon as she sees the haircut. :tongue

;)

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
It might look better when the Brylcreem is washed out. I think my hairdresser gives me great cuts--provided I ignore how my head looks when I walk out the salon door. A wash and a blowdry at home fixes it.

Funny thing is, he LOVES Brylcreem and any kind of slick hair stuff. So for him, washing out the Brylcreem will be like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. :Shrug:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Or give him a pat on the back and say, "The only difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is two weeks."

That's excellent advice, but I haven't given him a pat on the back in a long time. Probably because he always kicked my butt during our childhood wrestling matches. :rant:

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
Or you can always let one of his friends do the dirty work for you :D

Or maybe just consider it kharma for those childhood wrestling matches ;)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hand him a freshly sharpened pencil then hold up a hand mirror so he can see both the pencil and his new haircut at the same time.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"The only difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is two weeks."

Not true for everyone. Not blessed with other marketable skills, my career as a chick-magnet relies entirely on my good looks, especially my lovely crown.

kuwu.jpg

Just the right color styling washcloth is a must.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe just consider it kharma for those childhood wrestling matches ;)

You're right! He deserves the embarrassment and the humilation: The grown-ups staring, pointing, and laughing at him; the children running away in terror; the horses rearing in fright. The whole thing! :rant:

;)

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not true for everyone. Not blessed with other marketable skills, my career as a chick-magnet relies entirely on my good looks, especially my lovely crown.

kuwu.jpg

Just the right color styling washcloth is a must.

You handsome devil, you. Do my fellow old broads in the Tiki Bar know they have Apollo in their midst?

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
"Well, it's certainly an interesting new look, but is there something not quite you about it?"

Or say it in Pig Latin. Uncomfortable truths are best communicated in Pig Latin, I think.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to tell you, in regard to your original question (or early on there anyway) I am afraid there IS no tactful way to tell someone their head looks like a sharpened pencil.

You could offer him an array of hats, and tell him hats are the newest chick magnet but he has to wear one 24/7 for it to work.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Pics/vids or it didn't happen.:D

"I can always tell when someone's an e-statter, and that man...is an e-statter. Mods will make him squeal..."

Okay, obscure and riff on The Dark Knight 'Joker' scene. Forget it...

I've gotten bad haircuts before and yes, once--when I was broke and desperate--gave myself a haircut. It looked like the Horda chewed on my head and no, there are no pics as that was such a horrifying two-weeks-until-it-grew-back period in my life I hardly went out of my room.

At least no one calls your brother Eraserhead!

:D:D