PDA

View Full Version : Worst. Haircut. Ever.

Vito
06-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Seriously.

It looks like the barber shoved my younger brother's head into a giant pencil sharpener, turned the crank a few dozen times, and glopped on an oozing handful of Brylcreem. All for twenty bucks, plus my brother's customary generous 5% tip.

I don't have the heart to tell my brother how bad his haircut looks. I mean, how can I say "Jeez, dude...it looks like someone shoved your head into a giant pencil sharpener" without hurting the poor guy's feelings? :Shrug:

mirandashell
06-15-2013, 10:10 PM
ERmmm...... does he think it looks good? Cos if he does, say nothing.

Mclesh
06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
It'll grow back. Poor guy. Does he know it looks bad?

Vito
06-15-2013, 10:21 PM
It'll grow back. Poor guy. Does he know it looks bad?

Probably not; he's really not a "hair guy". And I still haven't figured out a tactful way to say, "Jeez, dude...it looks like someone shoved your head into a giant pencil sharpener". Still workin' on it, though. :tongue

;)

Vito
06-15-2013, 10:22 PM
ERmmm...... does he think it looks good? Cos if he does, say nothing.

Good advice, good advice! :Thumbs:

shakeysix
06-15-2013, 10:25 PM
How old is he? I teach high school kids and believe me, the boys would walk around with dog donk on their heads if the right girl said it was "cool"--so your opinion is probably secondary at best--s6

Vito
06-15-2013, 10:28 PM
How old is he? I teach high school kids and believe me, the boys would walk around with dog donk on their heads if the right girl said it was "cool"--so your opinion is probably secondary at best--s6

He's old. I mean really old, like ancient. He's forty-something.

And I'm even older! :)

Liralen
06-15-2013, 10:36 PM
"Did you go to your regular barber?" ;)

Vito
06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
"Did you go to your regular barber?" ;)

Ding ding ding ding! :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:

Wisteria Vine
06-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Or give him a pat on the back and say, "The only difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is two weeks."

jjdebenedictis
06-15-2013, 10:57 PM
It might look better when the Brylcreem is washed out. I think my hairdresser gives me great cuts--provided I ignore how my head looks when I walk out the salon door. A wash and a blowdry at home fixes it.

shakeysix
06-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Or hire a thirty- something woman to lie and say it is cool!

Vito
06-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Or hire a thirty- something woman to lie and say it is cool!

Sounds like a good idea, but I predict that any woman will raise her fee as soon as she sees the haircut. :tongue

;)

Vito
06-15-2013, 11:54 PM
It might look better when the Brylcreem is washed out. I think my hairdresser gives me great cuts--provided I ignore how my head looks when I walk out the salon door. A wash and a blowdry at home fixes it.

Funny thing is, he LOVES Brylcreem and any kind of slick hair stuff. So for him, washing out the Brylcreem will be like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. :Shrug:

Vito
06-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Or give him a pat on the back and say, "The only difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is two weeks."

That's excellent advice, but I haven't given him a pat on the back in a long time. Probably because he always kicked my butt during our childhood wrestling matches. :rant:

Liralen
06-16-2013, 12:11 AM
Or you can always let one of his friends do the dirty work for you :D

Or maybe just consider it kharma for those childhood wrestling matches ;)

Haggis
06-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Hand him a freshly sharpened pencil then hold up a hand mirror so he can see both the pencil and his new haircut at the same time.

Chase
06-16-2013, 12:32 AM
"The only difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is two weeks."

Not true for everyone. Not blessed with other marketable skills, my career as a chick-magnet relies entirely on my good looks, especially my lovely crown.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3470/kuwu.jpg

Just the right color styling washcloth is a must.

Vito
06-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Or maybe just consider it kharma for those childhood wrestling matches ;)

You're right! He deserves the embarrassment and the humilation: The grown-ups staring, pointing, and laughing at him; the children running away in terror; the horses rearing in fright. The whole thing! :rant:

;)

BardSkye
06-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Not true for everyone. Not blessed with other marketable skills, my career as a chick-magnet relies entirely on my good looks, especially my lovely crown.

You handsome devil, you. Do my fellow old broads in the Tiki Bar know they have Apollo in their midst?

FluffBunny
06-16-2013, 02:03 AM
"Well, it's certainly an interesting new look, but is there something not quite you about it?"

Or say it in Pig Latin. Uncomfortable truths are best communicated in Pig Latin, I think.

Kylabelle
06-16-2013, 02:38 AM
I have to tell you, in regard to your original question (or early on there anyway) I am afraid there IS no tactful way to tell someone their head looks like a sharpened pencil.

You could offer him an array of hats, and tell him hats are the newest chick magnet but he has to wear one 24/7 for it to work.

Caitlin Black
06-16-2013, 02:56 AM
"Bald is in this season. Just something to consider."

;)

J.S.F.
06-16-2013, 03:14 AM
Pics/vids or it didn't happen.:D

"I can always tell when someone's an e-statter, and that man...is an e-statter. Mods will make him squeal..."

Okay, obscure and riff on The Dark Knight 'Joker' scene. Forget it...

I've gotten bad haircuts before and yes, once--when I was broke and desperate--gave myself a haircut. It looked like the Horda chewed on my head and no, there are no pics as that was such a horrifying two-weeks-until-it-grew-back period in my life I hardly went out of my room.

At least no one calls your brother Eraserhead!

:D:D

Vito
06-16-2013, 04:17 AM
You could offer him an array of hats

Stroke of genius! :cool:

KellyAssauer
06-16-2013, 06:19 AM
...I haven't given him a pat on the back in a long time.
Probably because he always kicked my butt during our childhood wrestling matches. :rant:

So why say anything at all?

:D

GailD
06-16-2013, 12:24 PM

You handsome devil, you. Do my fellow old broads in the Tiki Bar know they have Apollo in their midst?

We do now! :D :D

Liralen
06-16-2013, 07:51 PM

Kinda got that Jesse Ventura thing goin' there ;)

Vito
06-16-2013, 08:16 PM
So why say anything at all?

:D

Yeah, I get your point! Kind of sneaky, but effective. ;)