View Full Version : Who likes to have a bit of a

unthoughtknown
02-13-2006, 12:20 PM
drink when they are writing?

Just curious.

I don't normally, but I did tonight :D

Shadow_Ferret
02-13-2006, 08:15 PM
I usually have a beer or a glass of brandy or whisky when I write. No more than two.

I don't write while drunk though. That just makes for too much of a mess I have to try and clean up later.

I do post drunk on occasion. That's whin eye haf the must typos. :)

AdamH
02-13-2006, 08:44 PM
I do post drunk on occasion. That's whin eye haf the must typos. :)

Wow. And it's only mid-day. That's impressive! But I do this too...drunk posting...not drunk at noon...on a Monday...

But no I never drink while writing. I've contemplated it. I always wondered if I could transpose those interesting drunk conversations I have with my friends on to paper. Ones like how many beer bottle caps can you stick to your forehead before one falls off. So far the record's eight.

VictoriaE
02-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm not much of a drinker at all, so no

unthoughtknown
02-14-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm not much of a drinker either -- I get headaches almost instantly. I seem to fare better with home made wine though, and my dad's stuff was beckoning last night. ;-)

DamaNegra
02-14-2006, 03:45 AM
The one day I wrote while seriously drunk, it came out fine. Great, I would say. I usually keep my mind even when I'm so drunk I can't see properly. Great advantage there.

Anyway, I'd never say no to a glass of wine while writing :D

trumancoyote
02-14-2006, 03:49 AM
I'm real sensitive to most toxins, so even a smidgen of winum'll **** me up to the point that I'm incomprehensible.

I have been known, however, to smoke an entire pack of cigarettes in one sitting, while either reading or writing.

Richard
02-14-2006, 03:51 AM
I don't drink.

Shwebb
02-14-2006, 05:32 AM
I have written before after taking a dose of Ambien. When I stayed up after taking it, it put a part of my brain to sleep, and I ended up with strange fugue-like memories of events following. It can be a strange experience.

Not really much of a tippler.

writerterri
02-14-2006, 05:36 AM
I like to write very sober, but I have been known to have a glass of wine while posting -rarely though.

I get too loose and I'll have to face you guys in the morning.

Maryn
02-14-2006, 05:40 AM
I think I write pretty well when I've had two drinks or so.

Until I read it the next day and realize it's utter crap. It's happened enough times that I don't even try. My time is better spent watching "Monster House."

Maryn, who has revealed a dirty secret

My-Immortal
02-14-2006, 05:59 AM
I don't drink often, and I don't often write when I've had something to drink. On the rare occasions that I have, it has usually turned out okay.

I have posted a few times after a beer or a glass or two of wine, and usually I get the most laughs.

Perhaps for your sake I should drink and post more often.

Perks
02-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Who likes to have a bit of a

Bit of? What is this 'bit of' that you speak? I live in the land of TheWholeDamnThing.

My-Immortal
02-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Bit of? What is this 'bit of' that you speak? I live in the land of TheWholeDamnThing.

The Whole Damn what?

Perks
02-14-2006, 06:22 AM
At least the whole glass, if not the whole bottle, of course. Were you being dirty-minded again?

Carole
02-14-2006, 06:45 AM
I drink Crown Royal and Sprite. Problem is that when I DO have one..it leads to two and then three and well the last three were SO good that maybe I'll finish that bottle.

But I buy the little bottle. Does that count?

Maybe I should choose a drink that isn't so easy to drink?

Perks
02-14-2006, 06:47 AM
You know what's really gross? Bourbon and ginger ale. Went through a phase where that was my drink. Cured myself of that idiocy with seven in one night...

unthoughtknown
02-14-2006, 07:36 AM
I hate having to drink loads and loads of water to feel hydrated again.

Shadow_Ferret
02-14-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm real sensitive to most toxins, so even a smidgen of winum'll **** me up to the point that I'm incomprehensible.

I have been known, however, to smoke an entire pack of cigarettes in one sitting, while either reading or writing.

I... um... you see.... well... not to be a smartass but....:e2poke:

don't cigarettes contain worse toxins?

trumancoyote
02-14-2006, 09:19 AM
I knew someone'd bring that up.

One can build a tolerance to cigarettes easier than one can build a tolerance to alcohol. But trust me, when I first started smoking, those things'd kick my *** for at least half an hour.

Rob-rite
02-14-2006, 04:20 PM
I have been known to have a drink and then post on aw but I stopped because there were too many double-posts (or maybe that was just my vision). :e2hammer:

rhymegirl
02-14-2006, 04:50 PM
I do my best writing when I've been drinking. :)

Also, when I was learning to drive at age 25, I told my driving instructor that I'd probably be less nervous learning if I could have a drink first. He didn't think that was such a good idea. Wonder why?

Rob-rite
02-14-2006, 04:55 PM
No, I would never condone drinking and driving 'cos you tend to spill it...

Rob-rite
02-14-2006, 04:55 PM
BTW, how is Mars this time of year, not snowing I hope?

rhymegirl
02-14-2006, 05:56 PM
BTW, how is Mars this time of year, not snowing I hope?

It's wonderful! So nice to get away from it all. No snow, everything is red everywhere you look. I was living on Pluto, but it was just too far away from the sun. I don't like being cold.

Rob-rite
02-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Do you need a red card to live and work there or do you just become an illegal alien?

Jcomp
02-14-2006, 06:48 PM
I drink too much as it is, but yeah, I like to drink when I write, especially if I'm suffering a block. It's a crutch, but it works.

rhymegirl
02-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Do you need a red card to live and work there or do you just become an illegal alien?

I'm definitely an alien, Rob.

maestrowork
02-14-2006, 07:19 PM
You're illegal, too.

I know, I got arrested the other night...

rhymegirl
02-14-2006, 09:12 PM
You're illegal, too.

I know, I got arrested the other night...

And just what are you implying?