High School dance competition--during school hours?

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
Hi :)

My MC is part of her high school's dance team (pom squad), and I have a scene where the squad competes against other schools. Would this happen during school hours, after school, over the weekend?

Thanks!

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
All the competitions or performances including other schools were either after school or over the weekend. Never during school hours.

Eta: there were times when a school function may perform during school hours, but it was always an exhibition and no other schools were involved.

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
All the competitions or performances including other schools were either after school or over the weekend. Never during school hours.

Eta: there were times when a school function may perform during school hours, but it was always an exhibition and no other schools were involved.

Thanks! :)

Cranky1

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I could see it happening during school hours if it was the state championship and the school was the host location. Most likely the earliest would compete around 3pm or 4pm, so during the last hour?

I just seem to remember going to track competitions during the school day when it was the state finals.