Is this length considered to long?

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
I recently finished a flash fiction story and then rewrote it just tonight, and its currently standing at 1,062 words and 6 Lines. Is this considered to long?

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sophia/JVC may correct me, but I think it would still be considered flash fiction, but it's over the limits for the Ready and Polished section of this forum.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Markets differ in the word count ranges that they will accept, so you should always check the submission guidelines for the publication you're submitting your story to.

Spell-it-out is correct that your story is too long for the Polished and Ready section, but if you'd like feedback on it, you're welcome to post it in the appropriate genre section within Share Your Work (password: vista).

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe or maybe not, but your word "to" is too short.

Of all the word errors extant in the English language, this is the one that drives me to commit serial murder most quickly. Please, people, if your want to be taken seriously as a writer, understand just this one simple verbiage issue. It ain't very complicated.

caw

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe or maybe not, but your word "to" is too short.

Of all the word errors extant in the English language, this is the one that drives me to commit serial murder most quickly. Please, people, if your want to be taken seriously as a writer, understand just this one simple verbiage issue. It ain't very complicated.

caw

Typos happen.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Typos happen.

Wasn't a typo. It occurs both in the thread title and the OP. It may seem a nitpicky thing, but attention to words and their proper use is the core of the toolbox of any writer, and this particular error occurs far too often in AW posts. Getting this one wrong repeatedly in a manuscript is a quick strike against getting the manuscript accepted.

caw