Need some google-fu help to find a song

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hello there Office Party! I hope this is the right place to ask for some google-fu assistance. Please move to a better spot if needed.

I've been looking for a song recording that I'd like to buy. I heard it a year or two ago on a TV show and wrote down some of the lyrics, and I got the name/copyright info from the show credits. I thought it'd be easy to find a recording of it to buy, somewhere - iTunes or someplace else.

But - I can't seem to find it, or even the singer, anywhere. Seems strange, maybe I'm just overlooking it - ? I thought maybe someone else would take a go at it or direct me to a better way of searching. I've just been using Google, Yahoo, and iTunes.

Here's the info:

Name of song: "Hard on Yourself"
Songwriters: Ron Gordon & Judy Gordon
Copyright Mar-Tune Music (BMI) and Mar-CaBud Music (ASCAP)

It was on the TV show "The Eleventh Hour" (Canada title) or "Bury the Lead (USA title), episode "Pot Kettle Black." It was the 8th episode of the 3rd season, 2005. Here's the Wikipedia entry on the show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eleventh_Hour_(CTV_series)

On the show it was performed by Lauren Farr. I recorded it from the show on a voice memo on my phone, but I'd really like to have a true and complete rendition.

First lines:

You gotta be true
Gotta be easy
You gotta stay loose
... (don't want to include more for copyright)

So, with all that info, seems as if it would be easy to find it and buy either that recording or a similar one. But - I'm stymied. Can anyone sort this for me? I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks! :Guitar:

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, thx for the ideas. I checked their IMDB page - very inactive. Last message posted was 2 years ago, with most of them from 5+ years ago. So not much there.

No FB page for MarTune Music, or the tv show, or a singer named Lauren Farr.

Nothing on YouTube.

I'll probably just call MarTune Music and see what they say ... may laugh me off. But I can't think of any other way.

Seems odd, these days, to not be able to find any information. Isn't *everything* on the Internet? :Shrug:

Paris Love

What's up with the Orlando Bloom?
Registered
Reaction score
There are three songs with that title in the iTunes store. There are also three on Amazon, but two are different versions of the same song, and the third is a duplicate of one of the songs on iTunes. Have you tried the public library or local college campus? They frequently have some of the more difficult to find items in their music collections. You could also write to CTV to see if they could give you more information about finding that song.