OUTCAST releases today!!!

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I'm not sure how familiar everyone here is with the story behind the story, I know some of you know the journey I was on with this particular book. In brief - I wrote it back in 2009 and it got to a point where I thought that maybe this book might never see the light of day. It was really hard, especially because I thought there was something magical about this book. I was (and still am) extremely passionate about it.

Well after a lot of self doubt and just plain fear it would never happen . . . it's happened. And today's the day it comes out into the big wide world.

It's already had some incredible responses (and quite frankly tear inducing responses for yours truly - oh the feels). Here's a review from Kirkus blog: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/features/throw-out-every-other-angel-book-youve-read/ It's a really emotional thing for me that a book I thought might never be read is now something others appear to be passionate about as well.

Anyway . . . now the promo part of this post ;) :

It's available as an ebook for $2.99 - this is a link to a list of links for your ereader of choice :) .

It's also available as a paperback here.

As ever, thank you to everyone on this site who keeps me moving forward even when things get a little hard, a little impossible. Your stories of perseverance keep me going, and I am honoured by your constant support of me and my work. Big grateful hugs!

(and here's the plot synopsis, so, you know, you know wtf it's all about :) )

"With a crisp, engaging voice and sharp wit, Adrienne Kress is always a treat to read." - Kelley Armstrong, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author

After six years of “angels” coming out of the sky and taking people from her town, 16-year-old Riley Carver has just about had it living with the constant fear. When one decides to terrorize her in her own backyard, it’s the final straw. She takes her mother’s shotgun and shoots the thing. So it’s dead. Or … not? In place of the creature she shot, is a guy. A really hot guy. A really hot alive and breathing guy. Oh, and he’s totally naked.

Not sure what to do, she drags his unconscious body to the tool shed and ties him up. After all, he’s an angel and they have tricks. When he regains consciousness she’s all set to interrogate him about why the angels come to her town, and how to get back her best friend (and almost boyfriend) Chris, who was taken the year before. But it turns out the naked guy in her shed is just as confused about everything as she is.

He thinks it’s 1956.

Set in the deep south, OUTCAST is a story of love, trust, and coming of age. It’s also a story about the supernatural, a girl with a strange sense of humor who’s got wicked aim, a greaser from the 50’s, and an army of misfits coming together for one purpose: To kick some serious angel ass.

“A refreshingly different take on angel mythology with a funny, gutsy, shotgun-toting heroine and a rivetingly sexy hero, set in an eerie deep south town, OUTCAST is a spooky, spirited, compulsively readable story—charged with wit, wisdom, and bittersweet romance.”
- Lesley Livingston, author of the internationally bestselling Wondrous Strange series

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, today was a crappy day until now.

CGs! After the bananas have danced, I will add it to my shopping cart!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Thanks so much everyone! It means a lot to me.

But Phaeal - boo-urns on the crappy day! Boo-urns I say! (hopefully today is far more rad . . . because rad is a thing to say okay!)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
I actually came across this on Amazon today and have every intention of picking up a copy in the next week or so. I can be a slow reader at times, but I will definitely be leaving a review on Amazon.

hayray13

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I got your book through NetGalley! I just started my book review blog, and you were the first book I got approved for through Net Galley and posted! I must say I did a little dance of excitement when they approved me!

Congrats! This is even cooler now that I know you're in the AW community (even though my presence is almost non-existent here). I will definitely be posting my review on Amazon now that I know it's on there too.

You'll be pleased to hear that I really liked it! But I made the mistake of starting it right before bed, so I didn't get to go to sleep until quite late so I could finish it.

Congratulations again!!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hot diggity damn, Toothpaste. So stoked for you! Cannot wait to read it! Sounds amazing. Congratulations. :Hug2:

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
K.B. - thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Moon - thank you!

Ann-Marita - Thanks and thanks!

hayray - I am honoured to be your first Netgalley approved ARC! And I'm thrilled you enjoyed it (and love that you had to stay up late to read it :) ). Also isn't AW the best??

mellymel - thank you!

SWest - BANANA DANCE!!!!!

SquareSails - thank you so much :) .

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! It sounds like a great read and I'm always happy when perseverance pays off! :hooray: (ETA: Just ordered my copy from amazon.com!!)

Last edited: