What's happening outside YOUR window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I want Spring to arrive, but this is what I have. What do you have?

Attachments

• snow 00000.JPG
    snow 00000.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 120

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeap, that could almost be a picture taken from my deck. We got an inch or so Friday night, it melted, and then it snowed again. I have maybe an inch or two on the ground.

Of course, people from Montana and South Dakota and Michigan are going to think we're crazy for talking about an inch of snow.

ac

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
My sister, near Philly, just got 14 inches! We only have 3. I want real snow!

I'm one of the weird ones. I love winter for the snow. It looks so beautiful outside, I just might go walking this afternoon.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I love winter snow, too. I just wish the weather would make up its mind. If it's gonna snow, then by golly snow me in! I'd like that, but only if hubby was home. If we are only going to get teased with spatterings of snow, then go ahead on with Spring, pretty please???

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I will keep this short so as not to offend anyone. I live in southern Arizona where it is sunny and warm. My heart goes out to you in the colder parts of the world.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
CACTUSWENDY said:
I will keep this short so as not to offend anyone. I live in southern Arizona where it is sunny and warm. My heart goes out to you in the colder parts of the world.

Waaaaaaaaa! Wanna houseguest? I do windows! Laundry, too!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I hear ya, Carole. I'm dying for a heavy storm. They said we'd get hit with this one, then it went just a little too far south to really get us. I heard, though, that we might be getting round two tonight. I hope it's a heavy one!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carole, we have snow here too on the east coast. The stupid weather guys kept saying it was going to arrive yesterday but it never did. Panicked Rhode Islanders were out there hoarding milk and bread at the stores. I shopped early yesterday morning to get my food in time, when I would have had all day to get it.

The snow arrived overnight while we were sleeping. My Sunday paper is out there buried in snow.

I WANT SPRING, TOO!!!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CACTUSWENDY said:
That's alright. There are few things better than the first day of spring here when you first notice the trees budding out and the dogwoods blooming. Then in fall the tree are beauiful with their fall foliage. Every place has its good points and its bad points.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, now...see? The skies are laughing at me. The sun is shining brightly now...and it's still snowing!

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
It started snowing here around 3:30pm yesterday, and I believe....wait...yeah, I think it finally just now stopped (10:10 am). I'm guessing six inches, even though I haven't been outside yet this morning. Gorgeous, fluffy white stuff all over the trees and cars.

I have those tall, skinny pine trees right outside of my second-story window. The weight of the snow has tipped one of those trees sideways, and it is now resting on my ledge. It looks like a land bridge of some sort. :tongue

And let me tell you, I'd still be in bed snoozing away if my cat hadn't been freaked out by the snow outside her window. What a wimp....

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't looked yet. I think I'll wait for tomorrow. The light leaking in isn't very bright so I doubt it's sunny.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait til tomorrow.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I've got the giggles from looking out my window. A pair of morons trudged by, braving the elements, armed with ski-poles no less. Now a morning constitutional is resepctable and not letting the weather get you down, well now, that's the American Way, isn't it? So, bravo goofballs! Hope we don't have to send a team of huskies to rescue your dumb as$es in this half-inch of melting slush...

Honestly.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Carole, we got about four inches overnight, and it's snowing again now. Hubby said that when he left the jail in Holden last night that there was at least six inches on the ground. Thank goodness he doesn't have to go out tonight.

Snow06II.jpg
Snow06.jpg

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Having lived in southern Arizona and where there's real winter, I'll take four seasons.

My friend Dolly and I had a deal when I lived in Arizona. The first time a grey, rainy day was forecast--not passing showers but a day when it stayed overcast all day--without even checking with each other, we were going to call in sick and spend the day getting the most out of the break from the daily sunshine. I remember we planned two meals and some imbibing at restaurants and bars that featured a lot of glass. The only exception was if it fell on a Monday, the real busy day at work. (See how conscientious we were?)

We never got to do it, in four years.

That doesn't mean I won't be visiting Wendy in, say, early March, when spring is still a month or more distant and I'll have had it with winter. And she's invited here for August!

Maryn, hospitable

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
WVWriterGirl said:
Carole, we got about four inches overnight, and it's snowing again now. Hubby said that when he left the jail in Holden last night that there was at least six inches on the ground. Thank goodness he doesn't have to go out tonight.

Snow06II.jpg
Snow06.jpg

Oh, my. Now doesn't that just look like home? Thanks, Linley :)

By the way. I am going to be back home for a short visit in April. We should do coffee!!

Last edited:

kmm8n

Registered
Reaction score
winter just arrived in NYC

We have 20 inches so far in Central Park and more expected. We actually might break the record.

The amount of snow would be fine, if the wind wasn't so fierce! The dog loves it, though.

:snoopy:

Cyjon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andyhumphrey.net
Maryn said:
Having lived in southern Arizona and where there's real winter, I'll take four seasons.

As for me, I'll gladly take the 115 degree summer days here in Phoenix if it means no snow in the winter.

Although I do wish we'd get some rain. We're in the worst drought in decades. A little rain might wash some of the gunk out of the air.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Well, here in Oakland, it's topping 70 today, which is nuts. But I slept in and now I have to get some work done, so I won't be out there. Honestly, I'd rather have rain or snow out my window today than gorgeous weather. And, as an east-coaster, I really do miss those big snow storms. I'm totally jealous of you folks who have snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.