• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Readers needed for Urban Fantasy Supernatural Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Coven

Banned
Reaction score
I am looking for certain beta readers for my recently finished work. Its 130,000 words, almost 289 pages divided into 28 chapters. You may if you wish do all of the editing and proofreading but I would prefer that you concentrate on one aspect instead of all of them.

1.) Grammar and Proofreader: just looking after the sentence structure, wording, and spelling as well as paragraph structure of the book.

2.) Story Flow, Plot: someone who can make sure that the story works, flows and has consistency. Are there any plot holes that need to be ironed out or worked out.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Forgive my bluntness, but if you can't take the time to run a spell check program (and a grammar check, although they're all flawed) on it, why would people be willing to spend the time to correct your errors in writing mechanics which those programs would have caught?

See, the idea of a beta read is that you've got something polished, ready to submit to agents or publishers, and this is your final check to make sure everything is just as perfect as can be. That's the nature of the beta experience, whether it's reading or testing programs.

So maybe what you're really after is a critique partner or similar? Which is just fine. I urge you to do some critiques in your genre at Share Your Work, as a great way to get the required 50 posts to put up your own first section or chapter for feedback. You may even find a beta reader that way, when you're ready for one.

Maryn, full of swell ideas (and wine)

Status
Not open for further replies.