What are the current Royalties for Ebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodstone

Registered
Reaction score
I've searched and Googled, but I'm not finding much online about what the current royalties E-publishers are paying. There are a bunch of LBGT publishers that have their royalties posted, but I have not found much current information on what E Royalties should be.

???

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
I can only speak to my publisher's royalties, which are 40% of cover for sales directly through their online store (BookStrand) and 50% of net for sales at third party sites.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Net vs. cover price makes all the difference. If you connect with a publisher that has net royalties, make sure to find out what gets deducted.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Net vs. cover price makes all the difference. If you connect with a publisher that has net royalties, make sure to find out what gets deducted.

I feel like we're repeating ourselves, don't you? ;)

OP, this is also being discussed here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8187771#post8187771

Make sure the contract spells out what is deducted. In my case, Amazon (or whatever third-party site) will deduct their percentage off the cover price and I get 50% of the remainder. I've heard some publishers are deducting for things like "administrative and marketing" costs before they calculate the author's percentage. I would run away from any contract that had those terms.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
"I feel like we're repeating ourselves, don't you?"

I was just thinking that too. lol

To the OP, if you're interested in a publisher but don't see the royalty rates, it would be wise to email them and ask that along with any other questions you have before submitting. Make sure to check the Bewares forums too, along with the Predators and Editors site.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
As we have two nearly-identical threads running in this same room I'm going to close this one, and refer everyone to the one that Beachgirl linked to just above. It'll save any duplication of efforts, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.