PDA

View Full Version : Betas wanted for Dark Fantasy YA - Nightmute

wishflower
05-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Hey guys!

I've beta read for others, but this is my first time searching out betas of my own, so hopefully I'm doing this right. ;)

Here's the beginning of the first chapter in SYW if you'd like to see a writing sample. http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8181206#post8181206

TITLE: Nightmute
GENRE: Dark Fantasy YA
WORD COUNT: 97k
DESCRIPTION:

For generations, Well Wardens have protected Pillar from the threat that lurks in the city’s wells. For just as long, the Harvesters have kept Pillar pure from the darkness that lurks in the hearts of men.

As an apprentice Warden, seventeen-year-old Serenity Palmer is eager to kill her first darkling and prove herself…until one bursts out of her well. The darkling Jinn doesn’t seem evil. He’s cute, mischievous, and entirely too kissable. And he comes bearing secrets. The Harvesters aren’t only scanning thoughts for impurity—they’re seeking out magic to steal for themselves.

Though it borders on treason to question the virtue enforcers, Jinn’s warnings ring true. Citizens are disappearing, and now that Serenity’s magic has awoken, she’s terrified she’ll be next. Even hiding out, she can’t duck the scanners and Harvesters forever. But Pillar’s slum district is home to more than misfits like her and the impure cast from the community; it’s the birthplace of a Resistance against the Harvesters. Fighting with the Resistance means more than blowing up a few purity-scanners and learning to control her magic. With the city on the brink of war, the time has come for Serenity to discover what being virtuous truly means—though it just might cost her, her life and a love that transcends worlds.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:

I guess more big picture things: plot holes, word building, characterization, confusing bits, etc. I'm a tough cookie, so if you're a hard critter, that's great. I'd rather know about problems now while I can fix them than after I've started querying.

I'm also definitely willing to swap and share the love.

So thanks for reading if you made it this far! Cosmic cookies and karma points and deep appreciation guaranteed to all. ^_^

skunkmelon
05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
That sounds like a very cool read. I'd be glad to help out. You can PM me if you still need betas. I read a lot of YA fiction, the paranormal-er the better. :)