Doves, anybody?

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I just started working on an assignment about doves. The more I research/interview, the more I'm thinking I might like to have one. Not that I'd actually get one, what with two big fat parrots, but they sure sound like great companion birds. Does anybody here have a dove or two, or have any experience with them?

A friend of mine had a pair of doves for nearly 20 years. One died but she still has the other. She says they're really sweet and make very calming, pretty sounds. That would be a nice change from hearing "Ow, ow, ow!" or "Rio, quit! Let go!" yelled repeatedly in a raucous Amazon parrot voice.

Charming voice. I meant charming. heh.

Hummingbird

Pen, Paper, Prepared. ...Write!
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't had a dove, but I've done a little research when I was thinking about getting one. (I still might. :) ) They sound like a lot of fun and somebody to talk to.
Good luck on your assignment!

Oh, yes, I can imagine that would be charming. ;)

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Heheh. Pancho says thank you for the compliment on his voice. ;)

Thanks also for the good wishes on my assignment! From what I'm learning about them, doves sound like really cool birds. They're very pretty, too, and available in many different color mutations. I'm looking forward to learning more about them. :)