PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from McCardey recently?

mirandashell
05-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Feels like I haven't heard from her in ages.

HarryHoskins
05-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Hopefully she's just settling back into Australia after her French adventures. Fingers crossed she comes back soon though because I miss her loveliness. :)

mirandashell
05-10-2013, 01:15 AM
I miss her too. She really makes me laugh.

Medievalist
05-10-2013, 01:20 AM
I expect she's just busy. She has logged in quite recently.

Why not send her a PM to let her know you were thinking about her?

(I miss her too.)

mirandashell
05-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Oh good, she's still about then.

Caitlin Black
05-10-2013, 02:57 AM
I asked the same thing over in G'Day in the International District, and she showed up quite promptly. (This was a few weeks ago.)

So I can say with certainty that she's back in Australia safely. Not sure why she's not so active right now, though. :)

benbradley
05-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Maybe she's following Benny and the other guys in "Axis Of Awesome" around in their tours of the country.

I suppose that would make her an AwesomeHead. :D

thothguard51
05-10-2013, 03:37 AM
She's wrestling gators...

MaryMumsy
05-10-2013, 04:31 AM
She mentioned in the aging parents thread that her MIL is not doing well. They could be busy with Mom, as well as settling back in.

MM

mirandashell
05-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Ah yeah, that's probably why. I'll have to PM her this weekend. It's just that I got used to her answering me quickly when she was in the same time zone. Now she's on the other side of the planet......

Alessandra Kelley
05-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Possibly she is settling in. She has always been conscientious about things.

crunchyblanket
05-12-2013, 03:29 PM
I miss McCardey too. She's a wee ray of sunshine. Hope she's happy and healthy, whatever she's doing.

Ken
05-12-2013, 03:49 PM
... olly olly oxen free!

mccardey
05-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Awww....

I've heard she's got this stupid prepaid internet plan that means she can only go online for things that don't use too much data. Since she's not sure what that means ezackly, she's trying to avoid everything that has pictures on it. Because pictures=data and we have pictures in our avatars.

*sigh*

It's only till June 7th.

Love you to bits

:Hug2:

m

dpaterso
05-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Helpful mode!

To stop your browser from displaying avatars and images:

In User CP:

Left-hand column, under Settings & Options, select Edit Options

Scroll down to Thread Display Options

Look at Visible Post Elements

untick Show Avatars and Show Images

Scroll to bottom and select Save Changes button

-Derek

mccardey
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Thank you! I done it! :) Will it make a difference?

Chris P
05-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Awww....

I've heard she's got this stupid prepaid internet plan that means she can only go online for things that don't use too much data. Since she's not sure what that means ezackly, she's trying to avoid everything that has pictures on it. Because pictures=data and we have pictures in our avatars.

*sigh*

It's only till June 7th.

Love you to bits

m

Helpful mode too! What I do is go into the options in Firefox or IE, and de-select "load images automatically." Saves me tons on internet data, although Facebook gets pretty dull without the pictures. But that way you can go more places and save data instead of only saving it on AW.

Ken
05-13-2013, 02:29 PM
... turned off show avatars and images, myself, ages ago.
Also, display signatures. Makes viewing pages easier. More compact.
Welcome back :-)

mirandashell
05-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Hello you! Good to see you back.

Buy some proper internet, you silly woman!

How is the settling in going? Weird to be back?

Alessandra Kelley
05-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Yay, welcome back!

thothguard51
05-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Wrestling Gators sounded so much more interesting...

HarryHoskins
05-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Woo-hoo! Glad you're still about and only internetically challenged. :)

Caitlin Black
05-14-2013, 10:15 AM
We know one thing at least - she isn't doing any illegal movie downloads. Or if she is, she's *really* patient! :tongue

mccardey
07-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Maybe she's following Benny and the other guys in "Axis Of Awesome" around in their tours of the country.

I suppose that would make her an AwesomeHead. :D

ahem

there's this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83aqGYsRgAY)...

mccardey
07-21-2013, 08:56 AM
We have internet again! Proper internet! Also phones and phone-numbers and things.

(And a deep and abiding hatred of Telstra, which may only mean something to the Aussies amongst us.)

Welcome back mccardey!!! Yayyyyy!!! :partyguy:

Caitlin Black
07-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Yay!

And yes, I understand the Telstra-hate.

We've been on a phone and internet bundle with Telstra for about 3 or 4 years. It was a really good deal. But recently they announced that they were cancelling their bundles, thus meaning we would be paying nearly twice what we used to.

That's more-or-less illegal of them to do, as the general rule is that if someone signs up for a monthly contract, the company can't cancel that contract unless the person doesn't pay. And we've always paid on time.

So basically, we'll be going with another company soon, for our internet and home phone needs. :)

OMG! I just realised this probably means I'll be without internet for a few days! What will I dooooooooo?!?!

(Welcome back.)

jjdebenedictis
07-21-2013, 10:13 AM
:PartySmil :TheWave: :e2moon: :e2cheer::e2drunk::mob :snoopy::e2bear: :animal :TheWave: :Cake: :e2arms: :partyguy: :PartySmil

mirandashell
07-21-2013, 02:54 PM
We have internet again! Proper internet! Also phones and phone-numbers and things.

(And a deep and abiding hatred of Telstra, which may only mean something to the Aussies amongst us.)

Welcome back you! Good to have you back. House all sorted?

Ambrosia
07-21-2013, 04:18 PM

Welcome back indeed, lady. :)

:PartySmil:snoopy::partyguy::TheWave::partyguy:

mccardey
07-22-2013, 02:39 AM
Thank you, treasures :) House is all sorted (renovation begins in two weeks) I have found and joined the local library, put my name down on the loyalty program of all three bookshops in the town, settled the four chickens into their coop (Rocket, Rocket, Rocket and Rocket - they're not great individualists and I chose their names accordingly) and I don't think I've ever been happier in my life. :)

*sigh*

Wish you could all come and visit. Everyone else is.

Perks
07-22-2013, 03:01 AM
I'll be right over.

Perks
07-22-2013, 03:01 AM
And stop going missing.

Medievalist
07-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Wish you could all come and visit. Everyone else is.

That sounds lovely. Wish YOU could come to visit.

Caitlin Black
07-22-2013, 03:43 AM
I'll be right over, as soon as I've figured out which bus goes that way. ;)

3 bookstores, huh? Aren't you in the country somewhere? You have more bookstores near you than I do!

mccardey
07-22-2013, 04:07 AM
3 bookstores, huh? Aren't you in the country somewhere? You have more bookstores near you than I do!

I know! Isn't it gorgeous? We have a population of 2,555 (according to the ABS) and three bookshops ten minutes walk away! Also, we just had the Southern Highlands Writers Festival and I helped with a children's writing workshop. So adorable! I think I'll have a Writers Festival at my house. We could write about chickens.

And now I'm starting work. Everyone play quietly. You too, jjbenedictus. All that uproar! tsk! :granny:.

Caitlin Black
07-22-2013, 04:23 AM
That's just not fair. *gets jealous*

It's like you've landed in Literary Town, population: Books.

Siri Kirpal
07-22-2013, 06:01 AM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Welcome back!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal