• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Update: No longer looking, thanks everyone! Beta sought for first ~50 pages (adult) Fantasy novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
A friend's agent has expressed interest in seeing the first 50 pages of my Fantasy gambling novel, and I'd really like some feedback before I send them out.

There's a scene end at pg 53 which makes the partial about 11k words. Bit long for SYW :).

You can read the opening here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238061

It's Fantasy, for adults, overall it's about 160k words but I only want feedback on the first 11k at this point. What I'm looking for is whether you wanted to read on, anything that really really tripped you up, plot howlers, points where you got bored and wanted to stop reading, or had an earnest desire to throw the book at the wall.

If you're put off by swearing or gay characters, this probably isn't for you :).

I'm happy to beta in return, anything in the SFF genre, but my reading has mostly been in Science Fiction for adults and I am not really familiar with sub-genres like Paranormal Romance or Urban Fantasy.

Please PM me if interested :). I can provide an .rtf or .epub version (subject to negotiations with Calibre).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.