New here and do I get a cookie?

everywriter

Registered
Reaction score
I hit 50 posts today! Which post was a big deal to you? 50 made me smile. At 2000 I'll either smile or cry. Suggestions?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Moving to Office Party

everywriter

Registered
Reaction score
Crap! Every time I post it I post in the wrong place. Sorry again, no cookie for me for sure. Does anything scream rookie more than that?

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes.

cray.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry about it too much. AW's a big place - I still don't know exactly where some of my posts should go, after about 3.5 years!

I made a big deal out of all my milestone posts up until 10,000. Once I hit 5 digits, I've breezed past milestones without noticing.

So I guess 10,001 was the best. ;)

everywriter

Registered
Reaction score
Cliff Face thank you very much for that. Looking at the few people who posted on this thread and seeing that the 3 of you have about 100,000 posts (gulp) makes me very nervous about how addictive this forum is going to be...it's just so darn fun and interesting, but maybe I'll keep my milestone to myself...

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, there's a thread somewhere here in Office Party (you may have to search back a number of pages) specifically for people to celebrate every milestone that they find important.

I believe it's called "Post Count Milestones" or somesuch. :)

And yes, AW is a very addictive site. Especially as when I first came here, I knew nothing about the industry or business of writing, editing and publishing, and didn't know any of the key words for describing how I write or how others write and which I'd like to emulate.

I still don't know half of it, but the site has been incredibly useful, and it really is a fantastic place for any creative person. It's tailored specifically to writers of every kind, but there are sections you can go to if your interest is visual art, music, moviemaking, whatever.

(And I'm sure you'll hit 10,000 posts in no time. ;))