Help describing an underground hospital/lab

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going crazy trying to make this work.

The story is set in an apocalyptic world. The character, who's a doctor, suddenly discovers an underground lab where scientists are working to find the cure for a virus.

I want her to open the door and be amazed at how advanced the lab looks, but I have no idea how to describe the room she sees and what kind of things/instruments/equipment would be there.

Help?

King Neptune

Banned
Reaction score
It would have no windows, but otherwise it would look like any other lab. Many labs have few, or no, windows even if they are above ground.

McMich

Registered
Reaction score
If I thought a lab looked advanced (I am a scientist) it wouldn't be an overall look but more so the cleanliness of the machines and the machines being used in general. Older labs have equipment for decades and it shows- even something bought new can look old after a couple months from constant use. A new shiny lab, where equipment doesn't have dirt and grime would make me think "new" and more than likely advanced.

Also you could mention that the equipment looks like nothing seen before. An example would be everything is getting smaller and sleeker than normal. I use an old eletroporator that had to be made in the 90's. It is roughly a 1ftx1ftx1ft square box. It has two buttons on it that I can change and a digital read out. That's it. Today if I were to buy an electroporator it would be much smaller- maybe even half the size and have a computer screen on it. Computerization makes a lab much more futuristic.