PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this type of memoir would do well?

Hannah
02-09-2006, 04:43 AM
Since I've gone back to school, I started keeping a journal about going back to college over 30 years old. It's filled with anecdotes, insight, and reflections: fitting in, adjusting to many students ten years younger than me, and being older than a lot of my professors.

It's also about having gone to the school of hard knocks--many life experiences that donít quite "fit in" with the models that many professors try to portray, and juggling married life while trying to achieve a goal, which doesn't work out to well btw... lol

I've tried to give you a brief synopsis of what my journal is about, and I'd like to turn it into a memoir when I'm done with school if it's worthy.

Do you think there will be some interest in this type of memoir? Or should I just keep it as a personal journal? :hi:

erinbee
02-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Why not turn it into a how-to book or a series of articles about going back to school for non-traditional students? It's a growing group, and I think there's a big market. I wrote an article a couple of months ago about taking a break from college or grad school that whipped up quite a bit of controversy, which makes me think there's definitely a market for information about non-traditional students...mixed in with some useful advice, your experiences could turn into something that's really helpful and valid for someone in that predicament.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!