Poetry Sites question???

• Thread starter MarquessDeScrib
  • Start date

MarquessDeScrib

Hi there…I hope I am posting this in the right section.....I was wondering if someone who help answer a question or two for me regarding poetry postings on writing communities/message boards sites.

I as a writer of any kind of work whether it be short stories/poetry am always leery and cautious about having any my work posted on these types of writing communities/message board sites but it seems that a friend of mine posted one of her own poems on a site called writewords.org.uk and signed up for a free trial week’s membership of posting her poems on this site and low and behold within 48 hours of posting one of her poems she got an e-mail from the Poet’s Literary Agency and was commissioned to write 3 more poems for them. Now I have to admit I am jealous at the absolute good luck my friend struck on getting paid for 3 more poems she has even written yet. The poem she posted was absolutely simple and uncomplicated as far as its fluidity. But I don’t understand I tried doing the same thing and its been past one week and still I can’t seem to get any of my poems published or off the ground. I don’t have any money what so ever to self published my works because I have been laid off my job for about 2 years , I don’t even have health insurance (what can I say I love to live life by the seat of my pants). But somehow I am hoping one day possibly before I die I can actually publish a book of my poetry. I am not expecting a big fat check from any publishing firms, that would be daydreaming dangerously on my part. But I am hoping for a sliver of hope or as my other friends put it for me a snowballs chance in hell that my writing ever makes it to book format at all.

So my question is are there any other writing communities/message boards sites where big important macha publishing agents/editors visit these sites and scoop up unknown little talents out and help them out with their writing careers. I would like my writing hobby to possibly go part time if possible and all the literature and sites and books that I have read haven’t even lead me down that path yet.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
Hello,

I'm no writing expert, quite a newbie myself. However, someone in Absolute told about a site called

Article Distribution Service.

You might look 'em up and see what you think. I have one on that site and supposedly, you can get hooked up there with paying publishers. That's the best I can do.

The whole publish/get paid world of writing is definitately not an easy road to find your way on.

Hope you have much success!

MarquessDeScrib

Wow thank you so much....

Hi ya there kdnxdr....:)

First off nice to meet another newbie too. and I really do appreciate the help...I will give that title a try....and your are not kidding about the road to getting published, nevermind the getting paid part....LOL

I amnot sure anymore if i even have the writing chops to see my work in print, even tried small magazines/quarterly/monthly potery journals and still nada....I could wallpaper my entire room with the amount of rejection letters I have collected over the many years of trying to see a nibble of my work in print.....its like all these other authors have these miracle stories of how they werer discovered so easily and I am still waiting to be a diamond in the rough kinda of story myself.....still trying though....

I appreciate the help hun.....thank you.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
Brokenfingers,

Article Distribution Services is a scam???

That is such a bummer.

Thanks for saying so.

How did you find out it was a scam?

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
No i meant Poetry Literary Agency.

Not article distribution services. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

MarquessDeScrib

Oh Geesh...

Hi Broken Fingers:

I truly appreciate you warning me about that scam thread....sheesh...
but Article Distribution Services is legit right....

are there any other sies I could visit and post my work on...for others (publishers,editors,magazines,etc) to see....