Newspapers that Have Book Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootingStarsMag

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is the wrong section for this-- I wasn't really sure where to put it. I'm curious about newspapers that actually publish book reviews, apart from the obvious big-name ones. Do you have any local papers that do book reviews, etc.?

Thanks!

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Arizona Republic has one or two reviews on Sunday. As well as the NYT best seller lists, notable releases for the coming week, and signings scheduled for the coming week.

MM

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Most daily and weekly newspapers in this part of the world review books. But usually, they only review works by locals (or former locals) and the big press books.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
Plenty of smaller papers - mid size dailies to weeklies - run reviews. However, more often than not, they're from the wire services or other, larger papers. With newsholes being slashed and staffing levels shrinking dramatically, book reviews are a huge luxury at these kinds of papers.

ShootingStarsMag

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone- I appreciate the advice. I know a lot of papers don't seem to do many reviews anymore...more so out of the U.S. it seems, but if anyone knows of any other papers that I should at least look at, I'd appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.