skull fracture and broken leg

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
My MC is a male in his late 20's early 30's. He was in a one car accident trying to avoid hitting a deer. He ended up hitting the protective barrier on the side of the road and went through it going down the side of a hill.

He ended up breaking his leg and receiving a hairline skull fracture due to this accident. He was found by some hikers while unconscious and they called the hospital. He woke up in the hospital with his head bandaged and his leg already in a cast.

How long will they keep him in the hospital? He is traveling so not in his home town where he can just rest at home. He refuses to call any family or friends.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
If he was unconscious for long enough to be found by hikers and taken to the hospital, he likely has more to worry about than just getting out of the hospital. That's serious head trauma there, and the sort of thing that is likely to have serious, lasting damage. It might be worth considering having him conscious, or at least in and out.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
He is a bit in and out. I can show him doing that more in the beginning. I don't even necessarily have to give him a head wound.

How long would they keep him in the hospital if he just had a broken leg and was traveling through?

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I'd guess it depends on how badly it was broken. I've known a couple of people who had broken legs that needed surgical repairs and they were in the hospital a couple of days. I've known others that took an hour to put a cast on it in the hospital. Why not choose the how bad according to what you need?

Chekurtab

Smart donkey. Please don't call me-
Registered
Reaction score
You can keep your MC in the hospital for as long as you want. Any complex extremely fracture will require surgical repair. The recovery will take a while, but only a small portion of it requires inpatient stay. The head trauma like concussion or brain contusion will keep him in for days. You can choose intracranial bleeding and even craniotomy, or put him in a coma if you wish for a prolonged hospitalization.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
If it's a long leg cast he will not be able to drive