• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Indie Ink Publishing / FreshVoice

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
Tried to do a search for this, but the search kept throwing out the word "ink." Apologies if there is already a thread for this publisher.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them.

http://indieinkpublishing.com/

I noticed they publish a variety of books, though most look to be non-fiction and they still only have a small selection (started within last couple years?).

They are based in Canada, so I didn't know if that would affect submitting to them from the U.S.

A plus for them, though, is that I did see one of their books (the tornado one) at a local indie bookstore. They had an author signing (I happened to be there earlier in the day, so I didn't see the actual event), and I took a look at the book recently, and the formatting looks great. Of course, being that it was based around Tornado Alley, it might also have been targeted for a specific market.

According to their website, they have quarterly submission periods, and a collaborative publishing model.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks. :)

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
Tried to do a search for this, but the search kept throwing out the word "ink."

Search tip of the day: When a forum or website's search engine isn't doing what you want, if the site/forum isn't hidden behind a password you can search using google. Type:

site:http://absolutewrite.com/ "indie ink"

Currently, this thread is the only search result :)

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
There's a Google Custom Search link in the bottom left of every page.

And we have an Index thread stickied at the top of the forum. Open it and use your browser's search function to get the link.

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
There's a Google Custom Search link in the bottom left of every page.

And we have an Index thread stickied at the top of the forum. Open it and use your browser's search function to get the link.

Thanks, I'll try that next time the usual search doesn't seem to be helpful. :)

Meanwhile, I guess the publisher is still new enough there haven't been much interaction with them.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like a collaborative venture, half self-publishing and half commercial (in their words and example). Anytime a publisher talks about minimizing risks and cost sharing, for some reason I think the author is in for a bad ride.
Right you are. In real publishing, the author hazards their book, and the publisher hazards everything else.

Furthermore, I have yet to see one of these "shared risk" propositions where the exposure is evenly split.

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
I was wondering what their collaborative publishing entailed. I'll keep an eye on it, then, but I'll be wary of them until I see further evidence of whether they have a decent collaborative model or not.

Thanks for the input. :)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hasn't published anything since '13, but is socially active. Anyone have recent contact?

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
A lot of their images are broken :0 Suggests inactivity, but they're apparently socially active.