Cover reveal for OUTCAST!!

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Hey all!

So I am very happy to reveal the cover for my next YA: 0UTCAST (which comes out June 4th of this year, woot!)

I kind of am in all kinds of love with this cover which of course makes me all kinds of stuck up because I wound up designing it. I didn't mean to, and my publisher totally designs covers for its authors, but I was sending them ideas for potential covers and I just one night decide to play around with photoshop for fun (some of you here might know I like playing with covers on photoshop for fun). And when I sent them my really rough version of this cover they kind of loved it, and though I'm sure they could have taken it from there, I felt a sort of ownership for the book and . . . well . . . I made it. With the help of my mother's artist friend Clarice Thornton and the glory of stock images :) .

Here it is!

b464644f-812c-42f7-99df-698e53b1ef77_zps5d3da650.jpg

And here is the back cover copy! (you can read Chapter One here)

They come out of the sky and take you. Everyone knows that.

After six years of “angels” coming out of the sky and taking people from her town, 16-year-old Riley Carver has just about had it living with the constant fear. When one decides to terrorize her in her own backyard, it’s the final straw. She takes her mother’s shotgun and shoots the thing. So it’s dead. Or … not? In place of the creature she shot, is a guy. A really hot guy. A really hot alive and breathing guy. Oh, and he’s totally naked.

Not sure what to do, she drags his unconscious body to the tool shed and ties him up. After all, he’s an angel and they have tricks. When he regains consciousness she’s all set to interrogate him about why the angels come to her town, and how to get back her best friend (and almost boyfriend) Chris, who was taken the year before. But it turns out the naked guy in her shed is just as confused about everything as she is.

He thinks it’s 1956.

Set in the deep south, OUTCAST is a story of love, trust, and coming of age. It’s also a story about the supernatural, a girl with a strange sense of humor who’s got wicked aim, a greaser from the 50’s, and an army of misfits coming together for one purpose: To kick some serious angel ass.

“With a crisp, engaging voice and sharp wit, Adrienne Kress is always a treat to read.”
- Kelley Armstrong, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author

“A refreshingly different take on angel mythology with a funny, gutsy, shotgun-toting heroine and a rivetingly sexy hero. Set in an eerie deep south town, OUTCAST is a spooky, spirited, compulsively readable story—charged with wit, wisdom, and bittersweet romance.”
- Lesley Livingston, author of the internationally bestselling Wondrous Strange series

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
OMG!!! It's amazing!!! Is this the one with Diversion Books? I LOVE the premise. Good luck with it!!!

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Sheila - It comes out June 4th . . . I think I'll add that bit of info in my original post, lol. And thank you!

Undercover - yes it is, and thank you so much!

folkchick

Not a new kid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thescribe.godaddysites.com
I love it. Very well done! And I say this is the best way, but it reminds me of my book a tiny bit. Small creepy town down south, hot angel/ghost guy from the 50's. I love that so much.:) Hope you do well with the release!!

thomasvision

Registered
Reaction score
That looks great! I have a youtube channel and today I am working of my picture book series and my animated series I just started so I have been in photoshop and Illustrator all morning. Have you tried Illustrator yet? I like it a little better than photoshop (for somethings) because it does not use pixels so after you are done with an image you can make it as big or small as you want without the blur. It takes a while to get use to though. Well again I love the cover!

Elmvine

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, It's beautiful!
Well done, I would pick this up in a heartbeat.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Your novel isn't my usual interest, but jeez, Toothpaste, I'd love to read it! Well done and congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Very nice! Congrats! :)

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on the cover and your part in it! Very effective.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Gargoyle

Working on plot and structure!
Registered
Reaction score
Great job!!! Best of luck with your book!!!! Photoshop is awesome

Alex