Help with Avatars and Smilies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42

I need help. As part of getting ready for upgrading the software that runs the AW Watercooler (months away still; lots of work I gotta do first) I'm trying to add to the avatars that new members can use.

I'm having a hard time finding legal avatars for non-Causcasians.

I'm having a hard time finding legal avatars for non-Caucasians that aren't incredibly stereotyped.

As Admin, for the default avatars new members choose from, I can't use images from films, or comics unless they're licensed. (The current default avatars new members can use were licensed by vBulletin. We're looking at the possibility of licensing a package in the future, but I'd like to offer more options now.)

I also would like a better choice of smilies/emoticons that reflect the amazing variety of our members, and that are legal. I'm willing to obtain permissions or verify legality but quite frankly, I don't see well, so especially with smilies I need some help, but even with avatars I sometimes can't really tell what they are, never mind what race.

Pleas list links here, or feel free to PM me. I'd really appreciate it.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just posted in the other specialized smiley thread.

I can make whatever smileys you need. Avatars would be a little harder unless I just made up stuff (for example, a cool jazz player with sunglasses--that sort of thing).

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll do a couple of avatars next week (a male and a female) and you can see what you think.

I have a couple of ideas, but other ideas are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.