Counter. Security Screen. Special name for the gap?

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
QUESTION RESOLVED

On police shows you often have a detective requisitioning case notes or a piece of evidence from the evidence locker.

Is there a special name for the gap in the security screen at the counter where the stuff gets passed through?

Last edited:

jmare

My own worst enemy
Registered
Reaction score
Slot?

It's possible there might be a special term for it, but I think you might be over-thinking it a bit.

After googling teller windows, a company that sells them calls them deal trays. So, I think if you just use slot or tray you'll be fine.

After more googling, it appears that deal tray is the term you're looking for. But I honestly don't think it adds that much by being so specific. Pretty sure slot, tray, or drawer will get the meaning across.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:

Hendo

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I know it says resolved but I'd just like to say we never called it anything in particular. We would just tell people to pass it under the window. It was the same in all three of the places where I worked.
(I was a hospital security guard then a police dispatcher for a year before becoming a police officer in a different department.)