PDA

View Full Version : Advice very much needed...

Amanuensis
04-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Here’s my situation. An agent requested a full on my crime novel, said great things about it, wants a rewrite (but has not formally offered representation). I am in the process of doing that rewrite.

Another agent has just asked me to send her a full. (Agent 1’s rewrite ideas are great, I feel they need to be done regardless.) So, do I:

1) Ignore Agent 2 until the rewrite is done, then submit to her? (Maybe a week or two)
2) Tell Agent 2 the situation and ask if she wants to see the original or the rewrite?

I worry if I mention another agent’s interest, Agent 2 might just say thanks but no thanks.

Thanks for reading…

JJPie
04-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Here’s my situation. An agent requested a full on my crime novel, said great things about it, wants a rewrite (but has not formally offered representation). I am in the process of doing that rewrite.

Another agent has just asked me to send her a full. (Agent 1’s rewrite ideas are great, I feel they need to be done regardless.) So, do I:

1) Ignore Agent 2 until the rewrite is done, then submit to her? (Maybe a week or two)
2) Tell Agent 2 the situation and ask if she wants to see the original or the rewrite?

I worry if I mention another agent’s interest, Agent 2 might just say thanks but no thanks.

Thanks for reading…

You can tell the second agent that you are currently working on a rewrite based on another agent's feedback and you will have the manuscript sent by XX time. Then it's still a requested full and you can send to both. That's what I've done in the past and it has seemed to work. Other people may have other opinions.

waylander
04-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Seconded

tprevost
04-09-2013, 11:44 PM
I agree with the above. Honesty is best.

Amanuensis
04-09-2013, 11:50 PM
You can tell the second agent that you are currently working on a rewrite based on another agent's feedback and you will have the manuscript sent by XX time. Then it's still a requested full and you can send to both. That's what I've done in the past and it has seemed to work. Other people may have other opinions.

Did it. Worked. Thanks. You = rock. (And thanks to waylander and trpevost as well...).

Corinne Duyvis
04-11-2013, 03:42 PM
I was also going to advise honesty, so I'm glad it worked out! Good luck with it.