PDA

View Full Version : I love Absolute Write!

DebbieOhi
02-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Holy toledo, what a wonderful set of discussion boards! I can't believe I never made it here before. I also hadn't checked out Absolute Write in detail for a while, and am amazed at how many wonderful resources are here. Kudos to Jenna!

aka eraser
02-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Welcome Debbie. You have lots of company. :)

Why not wander over to the Newbies board and introduce yourself?

NickDangr
02-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Hiya Debbie - same Debbie Ohi from the Inkspot? ;-) Been a while - these boards are terrific. Enjoy!

Ben / ND

DebbieOhi
02-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Nick: Yep, that's me. Inkspot's gone, but I'm still around. :-)

Eraser: Thanks...I had missed seeing that Newbie board, will post something now.

AdamH
02-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Welcome to AW, Debbie! Enjoy your stay...if you're anything like me, you'll be here awhile...not that that's a bad thing. ;)

brokenfingers
02-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Well, I, for one, must confess that I hate these boards. My addictive and compulsive use of them has resulted in larger doses of my medication.

My doctors are seriously worried.

William Haskins
02-07-2006, 08:04 PM
a mason jar full of pilfered thyroids is not medication.

brokenfingers
02-07-2006, 08:05 PM
a mason jar full of pilfered thyroids is not medication.Oh yes. I sent you a "Thank You" card, by the way.

Liam Jackson
02-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Welcome to AW, Debbie.

(Haskins, now that was funny.)

DebbieOhi
02-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Brokenfingers, I find your user id deeply disturbing! :tongue

And yes, I can already see how addictive they can be. But hey, I can always rationalize that I'm doing research on an article/column about how to control one's Internet addiction. Research, that's the ticket. ;-)

tiny
02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Brokenfingers, I find your user id deeply disturbing! :tongue

And yes, I can already see how addictive they can be. But hey, I can always rationalize that I'm doing research on an article/column about how to control one's Internet addiction. Research, that's the ticket. ;-)

Be careful Debbie. Don't look him directly in the eyes unless you have on your tinfoil beanie. You'll find yourself in a bathtub of ice without a kidney (careful of William too, he's just scary)

Sarita
02-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Me, too! :)

William's not scary, although I have to admit, that beating heart is giving me the creeps...

DebbieOhi
02-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Tiny, thanks for the useful tip about the tinfoil beanie! :)

And hey, how do I create a custom avatar? I can't find the right admin area. When I click on "Edit Avatar" it only gives me a selection of pre-made avatars.

Advice appreciated!

Liam Jackson
02-07-2006, 08:32 PM
From the FAQ- "On Absolute Write, if you've made at least 50 posts and have a reputation score of 10 or more, you'll become a "Super Member" and be able to have your own custom title and avatar, and you can add events to the calendar."

Hope this helps.

LJ

DebbieOhi
02-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks, Liam. I just made a donation to Absolute Write and found that my donation also got me custom avatar capability. Woohoo! :hooray:

Maryn
02-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Money sure greases the skids, doesn't it?

Great to have you join us, Debbie--welcome!

Maryn, waving from the other side of the lake

JoeEkaitis
02-08-2006, 12:55 AM
OhMyGod, is it really YOU, from WritersMarket.com?

We are in the presence of greatness, everyone! ON YOUR KNEES, NOW!!

(how's THAT for a welcome? ;) )

awatkins
02-08-2006, 02:25 AM
Welcome, Debbie! Oh, man, I loved Inkspot. It's great to see you here! :)

I see Joe recognizes your name, too. :ROFL:

Shadow_Ferret
02-08-2006, 02:40 AM
Welcome Debbie. Be forewarned. This place is addictive.

Not sure why after reading all the replies above, but *shrugs* it is nonetheless. ;)

IHeartWriting
02-08-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm a fan of Debbie's and I just have to say that if you get a chance you might want to pop over to her "Will Write for Chocolate" strip. Her comics always crack me up...

http://www.electricpenguin.com/ohi/inkygirl/

writerterri
02-08-2006, 03:37 AM
Hi Debbie! Welcome home. I'm Terri. Pull up a chair and join in anytime. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Terri

DebbieOhi
02-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Wow, thanks for the welcome!

And some of your posts made me laugh out loud. :tongue

JennaGlatzer
02-11-2006, 05:02 PM
DEBBIE! YOU'RE HERE! There aren't a lot of people who can get me to do this, but... :Hail:

Folks, if you're newish to the online writing world, you may not know that you're in the presence of a legend. :) Debbie was a pioneer-- Inkspot was a treasure, and lots of us have missed it for years.

I think you could be a cult leader, Debbie.

So glad to have you around.

TemlynWriting
02-14-2006, 12:48 AM
DEBBIE! YOU'RE HERE! There aren't a lot of people who can get me to do this, but... :Hail:

Folks, if you're newish to the online writing world, you may not know that you're in the presence of a legend. :) Debbie was a pioneer-- Inkspot was a treasure, and lots of us have missed it for years.

I think you could be a cult leader, Debbie.

So glad to have you around.:Hail: We're not worthy! We're not worthy! ;)

By the way, I made my official "Welcome (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26785)" in your thread in the "Newbie" forum:

Hi Debbie, and welcome! I love your websites, and check them daily. It's great to have you here! :)

JAlpha
02-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Thanks, Liam. I just made a donation to Absolute Write and found that my donation also got me custom avatar capability. Woohoo! http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/smilehooray.gif

Welcome Debbie,

I love your avatar http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif .

Now pardon me while I fall to my knees in adoration http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/emoteHail.gif I start my day by reading your WM Market Watch column--even before I brush my teethhttp://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif