FORMATTING/BOOKCOVER QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScribeLady

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning to self-publish a novel and two short stories. Still looking around for someone to design book covers and to do formatting. Should I format first or have covers designed first?

Scribelady

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I can't imagine why it would matter which you should do first. Maybe someone more enlightened will have a good reason.

Alice Xavier

some goon from the internet
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alicexavier.com
Can you not have the formatting and the covers done at the same time? Like others, I can't really imagine why it would matter which one you do first.

Or just hire out the covers and do the formatting yourself in the meantime. It's really not that difficult. I couldn't imagine paying someone to do it for me.

And yes, if you have no design/art experience (or software), definitely hire the covers out. You can probably dig up a designer here, and there are some designers that offer unique pre-made covers (that they'll add your name and title to) for very reasonable prices.

Alice Xavier

some goon from the internet
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alicexavier.com
Ohhh well if formatting = typesetting in this case, then yeah, get that out of the way. I was imagining formatting for an ebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.