A Space! A Space! My Kingdom for...

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's my parking space. I zipped in here first, ahead of you with your turn signal on. Good luck getting me out.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Lot 3-H, Parking Space 318-G on zoned parking provision 319876-54 has a hearse. If you need help, you can ask the driver there for a lift.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
king-richard-parking-ticket-550x386.jpg

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno, but my dad owes more than two grand to the library in fines on a book he checked out in 1944. As a child, I used to calculate what he owed every New Year's Day.

That probably pales in comparison to the parking fee, even with a daily maximum.

Maryn, laughing

Edit: Haggis, are you my dad?

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Around back of the Waffle House. The King and William Shatner were wolfing down pancakes and hashbrowns.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno, but my dad owes more than two grand to the library in fines on a book he checked out in 1944. As a child, I used to calculate what he owed every New Year's Day.

That probably pales in comparison to the parking fee, even with a daily maximum.

Maryn, laughing

Edit: Haggis, are you my dad?
I wouldn't wish that on you, Maryn. :roll:

Catalyn

Nano'ing....
Registered
Reaction score
Geez... what would the fine for 528 years of illegal parking be?!

Ok, we can work this out...

I once received a £60 fine for buying a parking ticket in a train station car park at 8.58am (before 9am was permit parking only and I didn't have a permit).

So if 2 minutes = £60, 528 years would be £8,325,504,000

Please note that I have not factored in leap years, nor added on any overdue fines. The train station car park was also in the arse end of Kent, where fines may be more draconian than elsewhere in the UK.

Alternatively, we could just clamp the body and have it towed away and crushed... I believe there's still an impounding fee involved here though.

ETA - actually if you don't pay a parking fee within 28 days it increases by 50% - not doing the maths on that one :tongue

Catalyn

Nano'ing....
Registered
Reaction score
He's over in the handicap parking. Notice the little tag with the hunchback icon?

Wait wait wait....

If he parked in a disabled space without displaying a valid blue badge, he's in SERIOUS trouble