Today I got...

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This lefty, whose handedness smears liquid ink as she writes, is seriously envious. I love a good pen. Is it the fat kind or the slim?

Maryn, who smears the G-2 less than most, but still...

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh! Fountain pens are the sexist writing instruments, don't you think? It will make you want to write! I swear using a fountain pen to write a story helps me. I concentrate on moving the pen slowly and write the letters with large loops. Writing slow really makes my brain kick in more than typing on the computer. Enjoy your pen.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Funny you should say pen. My sister and I went through a few of our grandfather's old things. There were some very nice old pens in there, a couple of fountain pens and a mechanical pencil with a beautiful polished stone barrel. None functioning but all worth keeping. I love me a balanced, solid pen.--s6

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
This lefty, whose handedness smears liquid ink as she writes, is seriously envious. I love a good pen. Is it the fat kind or the slim?

Maryn, who smears the G-2 less than most, but still...
It's one of these.

Oooh! Fountain pens are the sexist writing instruments, don't you think? It will make you want to write! I swear using a fountain pen to write a story helps me. I concentrate on moving the pen slowly and write the letters with large loops. Writing slow really makes my brain kick in more than typing on the computer. Enjoy your pen.
I've always used fountain pens, but this one is by far and away the nicest one. Looking forward to using it. :D

clee984

Bearded and serious
Registered
Reaction score
Oooo, cool! When I was 15 my grandmother bought me a fountain pen, my first, it was only cheap, but I became semi-obsessed with this thing - I went from having the worst handwriting in the world, to taking books out of the library about calligraphy and copperplate etc.......I often got compliments on my 'old fashioned' penmanship - not oft used now of course, the only thing I write with a pen nowadays is a shopping list.

Somewhere I read a quote by Neal Stephenson, which was something like "I write my novels with a pen, because there is a certain commitment in writing a sentence in ink on paper. It makes me more selective."

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
OH! I had one for years. My Precious :)

A guy I worked with stole it.

Ballpoints are barbaric.

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, whether or not it improves the substance of your writing, you get style points!