Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
For some reason, pieces like this (from The Onion, of course), make me feel better about my writing efforts:

"Chapter 1: Clark," Reports Awful Manuscript.

Of course, it's easy to make fun of bad writers. (Or, in this case, skillfully write the first few paragraphs of a terrible fictitious novel, then make fun of its imaginary author.) If this were a real manuscript I'd been given to read, I'd try to give its author some serious suggestions for improving his work. But since "local aspiring novelist Brandon Heath" doesn't exist, there's a certain satisfaction in just saying, "Yes, that sucks."

dangerousbill

Retired Illuminatus
Registered
Reaction score
For some reason, pieces like this (from The Onion, of course), make me feel better about my writing efforts:

"Chapter 1: Clark," Reports Awful Manuscript.

During quiet times at my live crit group, we'll engage in relay writing, one person doing a new chapter every week. Needless to say, this results in some very bad writing and insane plot twists.

It isn't always just for fun, either. I commandeered one novel after writing a promising chapter 2, and I've now got 28 chapters in the can so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.