PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Search Inside

Glenda
02-05-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't know if I'm suppose to post this here. My book is finally for sale at PA and I wanted to join Amazon Search Inside but I am not sure. Has anybody joined and how did you like it?

michael henderson
02-06-2006, 12:48 AM
I tried sending a message to you but don't know whether I succeeded. Do email me at michaeldhenderson@btinternet.com. I have had some experience with Search Inside

Glenda
02-06-2006, 04:21 AM
Micheal you got mail. Glenda

CaoPaux
02-07-2006, 04:08 AM
Glenda, in your contract with PA, do you retain the electronic rights? If not, PA needs to be the one to set up the Search Inside feature.

Gillhoughly
02-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Your "publisher" is the one to contact to get on the Look Inside program.

Unfortunately you are one of many, many victims of PA. Don't expect them to step in and help you, not without a lot of badgering.

They make a lot of promises and break them more often than a crooked polititian.

(Actually, that's an unfair comparison. You can get your money's worth from a crooked polititian, but not Publish America.)

I'm glad that you're reading about the experiences of other people who trusted them.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26537

I hope you can escape before you really get hurt.

Best-- Gillhoughly

WordedWrite
02-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi,

I'm considering using Amazon.com's search inside feature, too. I've already applied, but haven't sent them a book for scanning. I seem to recall some issues about granting this permission, but don't remember where I read them. Are there any cautions out there about doing this?

Thank you,

Marilyn

CaoPaux
02-13-2006, 09:04 PM
As noted above, you need to have electronic distribution rights. Check your contract. If you do not have e-rights, your publisher must be the one to set up the Read Inside feature.