PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

Lavern08
03-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Anyone?

(I don't really get into it unless a local team is participating - Hopefully, our VCU Rams will get another shot at the Big Dance). ;)

Jcomp
03-20-2013, 12:35 AM
I never do a bracket, but I watch. College ball this year has been kinda down. I'm just a fan of watching good basketball, and it's been spotty this year. I think Duke at full strength has a great shot. Indiana looks good, as long as Zeller is balling well. Ohio State too. I don't even know what to make of any "Cinderella" teams this year, since it's been so uneven you can make a case for virtually anybody with a decent record getting hot and winning a few games in a row to at least make a deep run. Looking forward to getting the games started. Wish I wasn't working this week so I could drive up to Austin and see the games being played there.

Pushingfordream
03-20-2013, 01:57 AM
I watch the games, but I'm not a huge fan. I have been following a few of the NBA teams, but only for the last few weeks. I watched college last night, NCAA and some of the playing was amazing. I like how quick paced the college game was compared to watching the NBA. Maybe I just saw a good game though...

Jersey Chick
03-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Filled out my brackets this morning. I don't know how good any teams are (this is the onliest time of the year I really watch college basketball,) and I like to pick at least one underdog, just for the hell of it. I have no scientific method, but it's a lot of fun. :D

robeiae
03-21-2013, 05:56 AM
I don't even know what to make of any "Cinderella" teams this year, since it's been so uneven you can make a case for virtually anybody with a decent record getting hot and winning a few games in a row to at least make a deep run.
Canes, baby!

:D

robeiae
03-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Did my brackets, too.

I have three in the ESPN thingy, two with the Canes winning (I'm a homer) and one with Duke winning. My biggest "Cinderella" teams are Wichita State and California.

Jersey Chick
03-21-2013, 11:47 PM
My Cinderella team is Iona. I don't know why I picked them over Ohio (because I really do think Ohio is going to win) but I did. Feeling squirrelly, I guess. :D I have Iona losing in the next round, though, so I'm not quite that squirrelly.

I picked Kansas to win it all. The hubs went with Gonzaga.

robeiae
03-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Hands up, who hates Harvard?

Jersey Chick
03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
**waves hand**

Me. Very much so at the moment.

Stupid Harvard.

John Olexa
03-23-2013, 04:46 AM
I don't have a favorite but as long as Georgetown loses, I'm happy

Jersey Chick
03-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Damn, I took a beating last night. I'm pretty much out of it until the Elite Eight games start. Nova, G'town, Oklahoma and UCLA killed me...

robeiae
03-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Ditto. I half expected Kansas to go down, just to really rub it in.

Lavern08
03-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Well,

Our VCU Rams are out. :(

*Wonders what Honey Boo-Boo is up to now* :D