PDA

View Full Version : What's your dream?

Yukinara
03-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes, I mean literal dream, the one you had last night. I realize that many dreams hold hidden meaning and sometimes it helps me resolve an important plot point, or even give me ideas on new plot. But I often forget them right afterward. When I do remember, it's some weird stuff.

For example, I had two dreams last night. In the first one, I play in a very big building which house a smaller (but still big) building complex that was made from 100%.....pillows. I had a rifle in my hand and hunted down my enemies, then the dream abruptly end.

In the second one, I saw myself following a witch in a battle. My side was losing and another witch almost killed us. I became very angry and, before she pointed her wand at me, I performed a Killing Curse on her. She fell down, and an old man came into the scene. My witch told me that man was a professor, and he shook my hand, muttering:"Good job, Tom Riddle." I was like "What the hell?", then I woke up.......

ElaineA
03-18-2013, 10:13 PM
For example, I had two dreams last night. In the first one, I play in a very big building which house a smaller (but still big) building complex that was made from 100%.....pillows. I had a rifle in my hand and hunted down my enemies, then the dream abruptly end.

Are you sure you didn't just watch a rerun of Community? (LOL!)

Yes, I find that I'm incorporating my WIP in my dreams, usually in a very obscure or tangential way. This morning I dreamed that I'd slept outside on the side of a very rocky hillside. When I woke, I found that someone had taken our boots and thrown them out. I had to go through all sorts of strange halls and tunnels to report the people who'd taken our boots. And I was searching for a drinking fountain but the water was supposed to be sketchy. First thing I thought when I woke from that dream was "maybe my MCs should hike up Mt. Vesuvius. (My story takes place in Pompeii.) I don't know how my brain made that leap but it's been 5 hours and I'm still pondering it.

Yukinara
03-18-2013, 10:38 PM
nope, I don't even know what 'Community' is

Cliff Face
03-19-2013, 07:56 AM
I can't remember what I dreamt last night, but the past week or so has been a mix of the normal vague sort of dreams, plus the beginnings of erotic dreams. But as soon as I realise it's a sex dream, I wake up, frustrated.

I think the dreams are telling me to go back to sleep.