PDA

View Full Version : Oh good grief!!

mccardey
03-16-2013, 05:59 PM
I can hear voices downstairs - I think we've got visitors and it's 3:00 pm and I'm still in my pyjamas because I started writing with my first cup of coffee. AND NOW I CANT GO DOWNSTAIRS!

Worst. Day. Ever. :cry:

mirandashell
03-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Oh dear. Can you not put some clothes on?

Ambrosia
03-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Awwwww. :Hug2:

I take it you have no clothes you can change into upstairs to make the trip downstairs? I would be tempted to slip on a robe and go greet the visitors anyway. You are a writer. Writers are supposed to do things like show up in the afternoon in their pajamas with a cup of coffee because they have spent their time writing instead of changing into day clothes.

What's wrong with eccentric? ;)

:Hug2:

ETA: Could you call to your husband and have him come upstairs and explain what you need?

mccardey
03-16-2013, 06:02 PM
My clothes are all DOWNSTAIRS!!! :cry: And they'll be French, whoever they are, and I'm wearing boy pyjamas because I'm short (also cheap) and now that I think about it I'm really really hungry as well.

Can't one of you rescue me? Or send me a food parcel? :flag:

dpaterso
03-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Is there anyone downstairs you can phone, to ask them to bring you clothes? And perhaps les cookies?

-Derek

mirandashell
03-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Well, I would just go downstairs and act like everything is perfectly normal. English eccentricity. I can get away with it. LOL!

mccardey
03-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Well, I would just go downstairs and act like everything is perfectly normal. English eccentricity. I can get away with it. LOL!

I'm Australian. I can't. Also old. :granny: Also - boy pyjamas with the weird thing at the front and everything :mad:

Dpat - good idea. I emailed him. That should go to his iphone, right?

mirandashell
03-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Weird thing at the front? What the hell are you wearing?

I got it. OH just explained. You poor thing!

:ROFL:

Mr Flibble
03-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Tell them you're getting ready for a fancy dress party. Your hubby will be wearing your nightie later :evil

Ari Meermans
03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Sure you can. Eccentricity has no borders. 'sides, I bet you look cute as a button.

PorterStarrByrd
03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Worst day ever ... You've evidently lived a charmed life so far if you are old enough to drink coffee.

mccardey
03-16-2013, 06:15 PM
Phew. They're gone. It was just someone who thought we were someone else (perils of renting in France). I'm going downstairs to do the the showering thing like a proper French lady now, and I think I might burn the boy pyjamas. :evil

Also - (no wonder I've been having such a bad day today!) I need coffee... :roll: Can't believe how quickly the day went!

Everyone can have a rep point. For caring. :Hug2: And for minimal rofling. Except maybe Porter. I'm still on the fence about whether Porter showed real understanding. It was a worst day. Ever.

ETA: :Hug2: only joking, Porter. You can have a rep, too....

kenthepen
03-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm with Ambrosia. Show 'em your weird license, and boldly go........

I'm going out to shovel the driveway in my pajamas now....... as I always do.

Ambrosia
03-16-2013, 06:20 PM
If it helps, I am wearing boy pajamas. And I wouldn't think of burning them because they are comfortable. Soft cotton, this pair has camouflage deer on them.

We are women, McCardey. We get to wear men's clothing when we feel like it and people think it is cute. And when men try to wear our clothing...well, it is a woman's world after all. ;)

Have a great rest of your day, Lady. :)

Ken
03-16-2013, 06:21 PM
... just fling something on and dash down for a bit.
Then return to your writing. 20 minutes would do.
The pause may prove favorable :-)

edt

ah. your clothes are downstairs. that's a predicament. no suggestions in that case :-(

Maryn
03-16-2013, 06:44 PM
If they made freakin' girl pajamas which were as durable and comfortable as men's, then I wouldn't wear men's 80% of the time, would I? (Currently dragon-printed pants, red on black, with a snap fly, and a T-shirt advertising a barbecue place in the same colors.) I own one pair of women's PJs for winter and one for summer, but the waistbands roll, they don't stretch as far, the buttons catch my hair, and the lace itches.

That said, you might benefit by following our daughter's policy, which is to skin out of her jammies on rising, putting on equally comfortable yoga or athletic pants and a T-shirt or sweatshirt. Then when someone comes to the door late in the day and catches you, they think you're just in comfy home-for-the-day clothes, not that you haven't dressed.

Maryn, who has scrambled to get dressed when she heard the school bus bringing her kids home many a time

Medievalist
03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Phew. They're gone. It was just someone who thought we were someone else (perils of renting in France). I'm going downstairs to do the the showering thing like a proper French lady now, and I think I might burn the boy pyjamas. :evil.

I write at home for a living. I'm sitting or sometimes using a faux standing desk.

And unless I'm going "out" past the front steps, I wear men's pajama pants and a t-shirt. All Day Long. I don't sleep in them, but they're warm and comfortable.

Mr Flibble
03-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Maryn, who has scrambled to get dressed when she heard the school bus bringing her kids home many a time

I have never done that.

Only because my kids walk to and from school...

mccardey
03-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Well, I feel positively normal now. :Sun: I thought I was the only person who loathed women's pjs. On top of the crappy tight waistsbands and far-too-long legs, they're five times the price of men's ones. At least where I live.

I used to have a bright orange tee-shirt I slept in that had "I Root For The Bears" emblazoned across it - which is terribly rude in Australian. *snigger* But I had to give up wearing it when my eldest learned to read.

Mr Flibble
03-16-2013, 07:17 PM
OK, why is that so rude? I mean, I get the rooting bit....

mirandashell
03-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Well, it's now 15:17 here and I am sat in jogging bottoms, nightshirt and dressing gown. And thick black socks.

I'm not going out so what the hey. And it saves on laundry.

alleycat
03-16-2013, 07:18 PM
My clothes are all DOWNSTAIRS!!! :cry: And they'll be French, whoever they are, and I'm wearing boy pyjamas because I'm short (also cheap) and now that I think about it I'm really really hungry as well.

Can't one of you rescue me? Or send me a food parcel? :flag:

Yell down, "The Germans are coming! Run!"

Ari Meermans
03-16-2013, 07:21 PM

:roll: There ya go.

mccardey
03-16-2013, 07:31 PM

That would have been so - awkward.... :ROFL:

Ari Meermans
03-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Il etait drole. (Mais, j'ai un sens de l'humour deforme.) Or, something like that.

Medievalist
03-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Well, it's now 15:17 here and I am sat in jogging bottoms, nightshirt and dressing gown. And thick black socks.

I'm not going out so what the hey. And it saves on laundry.

Comfort and warmth is one reason I write in PJs and a t-shirt, but the other reason is to "save" my good clothes for when I have to go Corporate for a gig.

shakeysix
03-16-2013, 09:09 PM
i'm in red reindeer print flannel pajama bottoms, a thermal undershirt that my dad used for hunting trips in the mountains and blue and gray wool puffy sox. i started out in this at 4 a.m., sat down to do some corrections and now, 100 pages later, it seems like it might be a spring afternoon, outside, in the real world. --s6

mccardey
03-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Is there anyone out there who's actually wearing clothes? Maybe we should have an AW Fashion thread.

Ari Meermans
03-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Nope. You can add me to the still-wearing-my-jammies crowd.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Started out in one of Ol' Boy's t-shirts for sleeping. Had to go to store after breakfast, so dressed in jeans, undies, and t-shirt. Now, back in sweat pants, Ol' Boy's t-shirt... and in about five seconds, no bra.

Fashion show, indeed. I say 'Yes' to 'the slob' look.

mccardey
03-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Nope. You can add me to the still-wearing-my-jammies crowd.

What's that in your pocket, Ari? ;)

Medievalist
03-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Is there anyone out there who's actually wearing clothes? Maybe we should have an AW Fashion thread.

Going to the pasture later, so wearing horse pasture clothes.

Wicked
03-16-2013, 09:21 PM
<---- Jeans and t-shirt.

It makes me bonkers to still be in sleep wear or undressed after I'm up.
Sweat pants are hateful things that I reserve for being down with the flu or chills.

Hubby's t-shirts are my favorite PJs.

Dreity
03-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Noooo, I missed the PJ party! I just got out of the shower, so now I'm in my work clothes, because you know...work. :(

Until 1pm though I was totally rocking my husband's t-shirt and my knee-high reindeer socks.

mccardey
03-16-2013, 09:25 PM
<---- Jeans and t-shirt.

It makes me bonkers to still be in sleep wear or undressed after I'm up.
Sweat pants are hateful things that I reserve for being down with the flu or chills.

Tsk! Overdressed, for this room....

Maryn
03-16-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm dressed. And it's not even 1:30 p.m. yet!

Maryn, going out to look at tile again, yawn

Ari Meermans
03-16-2013, 09:28 PM
What's that in your pocket, Ari? ;)

Hah!

Wicked
03-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Tsk! Overdressed, for this room....

Well, technically I fell asleep on top of the bed in jeans and t-shirt last night, just not the ones I'm wearing now. Will that count as PJs? :tongue

shakeysix
03-16-2013, 09:37 PM
No bra OFG? Me neither! Should we skype an AW Girls Gone Bad flash?

mccardey
03-16-2013, 09:39 PM
No bra OFG? Me neither! Should we skype an AW Girls Gone Bad flash?

:ROFL:

Liralen
03-17-2013, 01:29 AM
*mumbles* don't own any pjs, of either gender :o

Caitlin Black
03-17-2013, 03:25 AM
I don't own PJs either. I sleep in boxer shorts.

I think I'd walk around in my boxers around the house if it weren't for the fact that I live with my mum and, yeah, awkward.

LOL, this thread reminds me of that long T-shirt episode of How I Met Your Mother... Where one of them sleeps in a really long, baggy T-shirt every night, and another sleeps in a pajama suit and has to lie completely still all night.

(And yes, I'm overdressed for this thread. T-shirt and shorts.)

MaryMumsy
03-17-2013, 06:42 AM
I don't own jammies either. I sleep nude, winter or summer. I turn all night and would end up strangling myself. When I get up I toss on a housecoat (think MuuMuu). I have to get dressed in presentable clothes by nine am in case some client without an appointment drops by.

MM

Perks
03-17-2013, 06:53 AM
I did a podcast interview with an author years ago. He was grumpy and didn't want to do it. I brought him around and after we'd finished he said, "That was great! Best one of these things I've ever done. You should have your own radio show. Usually, it's just some yahoo in his pajamas..."

I never told him - yellow flannel with satin piping.

shakeysix
03-17-2013, 07:13 AM
It is now a little after ten p.m. a good 30 minutes past my bedtime. I am in a navy blue crew sweater, turtleneck, jeans, sox, laced up shoes and swear -to -god bra. I had to get dressed to go to the mailbox about six hours ago and haven't changed back. I have just finished up proofing and need to get the galley sent off. I am toying with the idea of combing my hair and having some lunch. --s6

Kylabelle
03-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Okay. This is now my favorite thread. I love the title, for one thing.

Mccardey, I do hope you solved your dilemma and got some food. ETA: Oh good, I see you did. :)

And, for the record, I wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt to sleep in, and often all day too. Jeans if I have to appear in what passes for public around here. I sometimes forget to change out of my shabby slippers until I get into the car and put my foot on a pedal.... Oh yeah, shoes. :D

But in the case of an invasion of fashion-conscious French persons, I might have either chosen to exercise my eccentricity license as suggested by others, and just walk out there as though nothing could possibly be the matter, or, amp up the volume by discarding pajamas for a quickly fashioned sarong of sheet or blanket. The latter option would do away with the problem of the boy thing in front.

Then again, perhaps that is just what I imagine I would do and in RL I would stay hidden and suffer. I do hope you had a bathroom up there? That, not food, would be my deciding issue.

I think about these things because soon I am going to have issues of having to interact with people who are more normal or civilized or domesticated than I. (I can't decide which it is.) And I am not at all sure I will pass muster.

Can this thread stay here til I find out? I may need to use it.

shakeysix
03-17-2013, 08:49 AM
back in my thermal undershirt and reindeer flannels. god is in his heaven and all is well with the world--s6

mccardey
03-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Kylabelle - there's no end to the things you can learn on AW :ROFL:

The rest of you - tsk! Get dressed! Get outside! Get some fresh air!

Liralen, OFG & shakey - for heavens sake! What if the Pope came around for tea? :granny:

shakeysix
03-17-2013, 01:27 PM
MY reindeer pants would match his shoes! --s6

Ken
03-17-2013, 04:06 PM
... never liked PJs. Too loose. I opt for long johns and a thermal shirt. Very comfy :-)
(For cold nights I have a nightcap. Made it myself.)

ps the pjs peeps here have are nice going by the description.
might wear those.

GailD
03-17-2013, 04:06 PM
2:05pm here, on Sunday afternoon. I'm still in my nighty and dressing gown. Barefoot, too. :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/holiday/clover.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/holiday/clover.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/holiday/clover.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/holiday/clover.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/holiday/clover.gif

:D

Caitlin Black
03-18-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm naked from the knees down. ;)

Yup - just before 8am and I'm fully dressed. I so don't belong in this thread. :(

*takes off all clothes and hides behind a pot plant*

mccardey
03-18-2013, 01:23 AM
I'm naked from the knees down. ;)

Yup - just before 8am and I'm fully dressed.

You're a lesson to us all, sweetie...

Lavern08
03-18-2013, 01:35 AM
Add me to the Don't Own a Pair of Pajamas list. :Shrug:

Can't sleep in clothes - Too hot...

...And as someone else said, I feel as though I'm strangling and suffocating myself. :flag:

I'm one of those OCD people who have to make the bed and put some type of clothing on as soon as I get up every day. :e2cry:

shakeysix
03-18-2013, 01:39 AM
Sunday afternoon, i am wearing patched blue jeans, converse sneakers, an olive green v-necked shirt that someone used to clean the car with not in. I'm in my garden clothes and have been since about 8 a.m. but it just won't warm up enough to go outside. In fact, last time I peeked out a tiny snowflake drifted down. --s6

mccardey
03-18-2013, 01:41 AM
a tiny snowflake drifted down. --s6

one lonely little snowflake.

There's a poem in that. Somewhere...

Booker
03-18-2013, 11:21 AM
one lonely little snowflake or not I sleep in the nick like always and I'm nude right now