Oh good grief!!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can hear voices downstairs - I think we've got visitors and it's 3:00 pm and I'm still in my pyjamas because I started writing with my first cup of coffee. AND NOW I CANT GO DOWNSTAIRS!

Worst. Day. Ever. :cry:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awwwww. :Hug2:

I take it you have no clothes you can change into upstairs to make the trip downstairs? I would be tempted to slip on a robe and go greet the visitors anyway. You are a writer. Writers are supposed to do things like show up in the afternoon in their pajamas with a cup of coffee because they have spent their time writing instead of changing into day clothes.

What's wrong with eccentric? ;)

:Hug2:

ETA: Could you call to your husband and have him come upstairs and explain what you need?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My clothes are all DOWNSTAIRS!!! :cry: And they'll be French, whoever they are, and I'm wearing boy pyjamas because I'm short (also cheap) and now that I think about it I'm really really hungry as well.

Can't one of you rescue me? Or send me a food parcel? :flag:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Is there anyone downstairs you can phone, to ask them to bring you clothes? And perhaps les cookies?

-Derek

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I would just go downstairs and act like everything is perfectly normal. English eccentricity. I can get away with it. LOL!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I would just go downstairs and act like everything is perfectly normal. English eccentricity. I can get away with it. LOL!

I'm Australian. I can't. Also old. :granny: Also - boy pyjamas with the weird thing at the front and everything :mad:

Dpat - good idea. I emailed him. That should go to his iphone, right?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Weird thing at the front? What the hell are you wearing?

I got it. OH just explained. You poor thing!

:ROFL:

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Worst day ever ... You've evidently lived a charmed life so far if you are old enough to drink coffee.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Phew. They're gone. It was just someone who thought we were someone else (perils of renting in France). I'm going downstairs to do the the showering thing like a proper French lady now, and I think I might burn the boy pyjamas. :evil

Also - (no wonder I've been having such a bad day today!) I need coffee... :roll: Can't believe how quickly the day went!

Everyone can have a rep point. For caring. :Hug2: And for minimal rofling. Except maybe Porter. I'm still on the fence about whether Porter showed real understanding. It was a worst day. Ever.

ETA: :Hug2: only joking, Porter. You can have a rep, too....

Last edited:

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Ambrosia. Show 'em your weird license, and boldly go........

I'm going out to shovel the driveway in my pajamas now....... as I always do.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it helps, I am wearing boy pajamas. And I wouldn't think of burning them because they are comfortable. Soft cotton, this pair has camouflage deer on them.

We are women, McCardey. We get to wear men's clothing when we feel like it and people think it is cute. And when men try to wear our clothing...well, it is a woman's world after all. ;)

Have a great rest of your day, Lady. :)

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... just fling something on and dash down for a bit.
Then return to your writing. 20 minutes would do.
The pause may prove favorable :)

edt

ah. your clothes are downstairs. that's a predicament. no suggestions in that case :-(

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If they made freakin' girl pajamas which were as durable and comfortable as men's, then I wouldn't wear men's 80% of the time, would I? (Currently dragon-printed pants, red on black, with a snap fly, and a T-shirt advertising a barbecue place in the same colors.) I own one pair of women's PJs for winter and one for summer, but the waistbands roll, they don't stretch as far, the buttons catch my hair, and the lace itches.

That said, you might benefit by following our daughter's policy, which is to skin out of her jammies on rising, putting on equally comfortable yoga or athletic pants and a T-shirt or sweatshirt. Then when someone comes to the door late in the day and catches you, they think you're just in comfy home-for-the-day clothes, not that you haven't dressed.

Maryn, who has scrambled to get dressed when she heard the school bus bringing her kids home many a time

Deleted member 42

Phew. They're gone. It was just someone who thought we were someone else (perils of renting in France). I'm going downstairs to do the the showering thing like a proper French lady now, and I think I might burn the boy pyjamas. :evil.

I write at home for a living. I'm sitting or sometimes using a faux standing desk.

And unless I'm going "out" past the front steps, I wear men's pajama pants and a t-shirt. All Day Long. I don't sleep in them, but they're warm and comfortable.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I feel positively normal now. :Sun: I thought I was the only person who loathed women's pjs. On top of the crappy tight waistsbands and far-too-long legs, they're five times the price of men's ones. At least where I live.

I used to have a bright orange tee-shirt I slept in that had "I Root For The Bears" emblazoned across it - which is terribly rude in Australian. *snigger* But I had to give up wearing it when my eldest learned to read.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Well, it's now 15:17 here and I am sat in jogging bottoms, nightshirt and dressing gown. And thick black socks.

I'm not going out so what the hey. And it saves on laundry.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My clothes are all DOWNSTAIRS!!! :cry: And they'll be French, whoever they are, and I'm wearing boy pyjamas because I'm short (also cheap) and now that I think about it I'm really really hungry as well.

Can't one of you rescue me? Or send me a food parcel? :flag:

Yell down, "The Germans are coming! Run!"