PDA

View Full Version : Is LinkedIn the worst writing platform, ever?

Rennet
03-16-2013, 05:29 PM
LinkedIn articles are comically bad. Anyone else notice this? Even worse, since comments are tied to your professional profile, most of the people who comment offer either simplistic praise to promote themselves ("Brilliant!") or are one of a rare breed to have found some good in an otherwise terrible piece of writing.

The platform lends itself to awful writing and awful comments. I want to write an article for LinkedIn about "How to be a Successful Writer on LinkedIn" and then go on to explain how to formulate Marissa Mayers topics.

BunnyMaz
03-17-2013, 12:30 AM
I didn't think LinkedIn was specifically a writing platform, so much as a networking platform that is useful for writers as well as other people. I know musicians and music teachers, for example, who use LinkedIn to network.

Diana_Rajchel
03-18-2013, 11:33 PM
I suspect if more writers overtook it it might improve. But since most people use it exclusively for self-promotion that's all you really get.

thothguard51
03-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Linkedin was not designed as a writers platform but as a social networking site for professionals of many trades and businesses.